Bass Shaker Power Question

So I am trying to figure out a project where I plan on using an Arduino Mega to control a Bass Shaker and two speakers. I am a little confused on what is needed to do this. For the speakers I plan on using an .mp3 device which is connected to a amp (Like this one) with 3.5mm cable. Then for the bass shaker I plan on using an amp like the following (Amp) to drive a bass shaker (Bass Shaker). With doing this is do I need to split the 3.5mm signal coming from the mp3 player and have one go to the speaker amp and one go to the bass shaker amp. Also if I drive the bass shaker amp off of 12v is there any risk to my 5v system (mp3 player or arduino)

You can probably "get by" with simply using a [u]Y-Adapter[/u] (AKA a "splitter") and whatever other adapters you need.

But, to do this "right", you should have a [u]crossover[/u] to send the bass to the shaker amp and the higher frequencies to the main speakers.

In your bi-amplified setup (separate amps for each frequency range) you need an active crossover. A crossover made for car stereos may be best in your setup.

There are also subwoofer amplifiers that have a low-pass filter built-in. (With this kind of setup, the low are usually not filtered out of the main speakers.)

If you have a stereo setup and only one shaker, the crossover should mix the left & right bass signals together (that's a standard feature of most systems with a subwoofer). Or, you can just wire the shaker to one side. Bass is usually mono (the same in both channels) anyway.

Also if I drive the bass shaker amp off of 12v is there any risk to my 5v system (mp3 player or arduino)

No problem... You can use an AC powered amplifier if you wish.

Is there a better way to do this? I know very little about audio stuff so any guidance would be appreciated. Would it be better/possible to run the 3.5mm cable into receiver then have the receiver split the bass and higher frequency to the speakers? I think this way I would only need 1 item rather than getting 2 amps and a crossover unit. Would this work to drive the bass shaker though?

You need to low-pass filter the signal and amplify separately for the bass shaker, if you have an amp
that already has a subwoofer output, that's the thing to use. That bass shaker is 50W rated and there's
a link to an amp that's frequently bought with it:
which will drive everything (although it is suspiciously cheap!)