Bathroom glassblock LED matrix project

So I have come up with this idea of my new bathroom. It’s gonna be very small due to the size of the flat. But I want the walls to be made from glass blocks and have them all under LED control. According to attached pictures (measurements provided in cm) there will be three main sectors. The main sector is high one and then the other on sides. I would like to have every single glass block individualy controlable. I am very new to this area so I will be gratefull to any idea circuitwise and controlwise. I have basic electrical cirucit skills and I have met assembler too.

I was thinking that combination of Arduino UNO and waterproof 30led/m WS2812B 5050 led strips would be ideal. I tought of raspberry pi too but I think arduino suits better for this purpose or am I wrong? It takes about 6 LEDs for one glass block so I imagine the whole programming should be done with 6led arrays. But I don’t know how to build it all together. There will be a lot of meters of strips. I don’t know if to connect them all serial or parallel. Serial connection means huge powerloss after few meters so I need help with the actual layout so that the distribution of power over the stripes will be most effective and they will be controlable so I can play live music VUs, video or simple games when friends come over. I want to build it of course just for fun but it seems to me very challenging so I ask for your help. Also the stripes can be glued only horizontaly between the glassblock rows due to the glass block build system.

every LED is controllable so what you will want to do is match your glass block size to your strip density, so you can easily delinate blocks of LEDs in code. recommend buying a few of each to make a mockup before getting too far into it, there will be challenges with this one.

30led/m will be plenty for this, but the silicone ones are NOT what you want here. the silicone is on the front only not the back, and it peels off fairly easily. if you glue them in, they will peel from every edge. get the bare ones, glue them where you want them, and waterproof them with silicone yourself. you will probably end up using a LOT of silicone.

They are generally connected in serial, you will get 100s of leds going on an arduino through a single line. That said it's only one arduino so more leds = less frames. Using FastLED will get you most of the way there but you may want to rely on an external computer for more advanced displays, no reason you can't have a standalone program with the basic rainbow and flashies plus serial input for the VU/image side of things. You could fit VU into the arduino but its a waste of memory.. even with external components you wont get much more than a general volume meter, you need a pc with processing or something to do the heavy lifting.
You can easily chain the data lines and parallel the power as necessary. I connect + on one end, G on the other for grids, then run the data in a serpentine grid from in to out. You won't need anything special power-wise for your lengths here, I have run 2.5m of 30led/m string with power from one end and every led was as bright as each other. with 6 leds in each block, you will not need full brightness or anything near it.
your only real problem is total power supply capacity, you're looking at many amps. i suggest PC power supply(ies), and overdoing the supply while keeping brightness down so you generate less heat.

if possible, put the LEDs on some sort of backing strip. Anything is better than nothing, laying the leds on a thin aluminium strip from the hardware store should more than double the life of your installation. I havent owned any strips long enough for degradation but i don't let them get hot, and heat is an LED's only real enemy.

tl;dr; jam power in wherever you want, put leds on a metal strip, dont buy silicone coated ones, buy samples.