Battery charger + 5v DC to DC + arduino

Hello,

I am looking to power up my arduino with battery,so i bought some AAA Ni-mh batteryx4 a module to end up with the same tension at all time (jaycar XC-4512 and a battery charger battery charger but i am guessing i can't just plug all the positive together and all the ground together and it will just work.

I am lacking a lot of electronic concept and trying to learn though little project so i will be really glad if someone could point me the direction to search into.

All the best

Vincent

Yes you can just connect the battery pack (4 X 1.2v AAA Ni-mH connected in series) to the D.C. Boost converter XC-4512 input and take the output to the 5V pin on your Arduino.
However there are two don'ts:

1. Don't connect the Lithium Battery Charger XC4502 to your Nickel Metal Hydride batteries, the charging algorithm is completely different, additionally that little module outputs 3.7VDC, your NI-mH cells will be at least 1.2 volts each for a total of 4.8 volts nominal.

2. Don't connect a small charger to the battery with the load connected and running, best case scenario the charger fails trying to supply battery AND load, worst case the batteries overcharge and fail in a slightly "non passive" manner.