Battery pins

Just to double check I’m powering theboard for my project off a 9volt battery, which pins on the board do I put the negative and positive cables off the battery.

I want to do this correctly so I don’t blow up the board!

Thanks
Bye

Battery terminals are normally labelled.
You don’t say what kind of battery you’re using.

Just to double check I’m powering theboard for my project off a 9volt battery

Just a heads up, if you start experiencing any “random resets” or anything of the sorts, there’s a good chance it will be your battery. 9v aren’t the best choice for running anything other than the board… if you’re trying to use any motors with it, I HIGHLY suggest a different setup of batteries. :slight_smile:

But anyways, you’ll want to use the “VIN” pin, and the ground. The VIN pin is routed to go through the 5v regulator that’s on board.
Positive of battery goes to VIN.
Negative of battery (this is the GROUND of the battery) goes to, well, GROUND on the Arduino.

BEWARE:
There is no protection diode when you use VIN, so if you hook the battery up backwards, your Arduino might start smoking! (not the good kind either ;))

Which ground because there are Three, two next to the vin and one next to digital pin 13?

Doesn’t matter.

All the ground connections are tied together. :slight_smile:

Thank you

BEWARE:
There is no protection diode when you use VIN, so if you hook the battery up backwards, your Arduino might start smoking!

Of course, your best bet is to power your Arduino through the power jack with something like the plug at http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=80