Battery plantwatering system

Hi.

I am building this 12V battery driven arduino pro mini.
with 16x2 I2C LCD, rotary encoder. and relays for pumps.
since i want to have a long battery life i want to have it check moisture sensors and battery every hour . and go to sleep to use minimum of power.
if rotery encoder is pushed it power up the display and i can check status and adjust parameters.

First problem i have encounter is an error with these libraries not compatible with each other!

#include <Wire.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>
#include <JeeLib.h>  // Include library containing low power functions
ISR(WDT_vect) {
  Sleepy::watchdogEvent();  // Setup for low power waiting
}

void setup() {

}

void loop() {

}

Best regards
Pål

First problem i have encounter is an error with these libraries not compatible with each other!

But, I have no intention of explaining what that means or offering any proof...

Well, OK. Good luck.

PaulS: But, I have no intention of explaining what that means or offering any proof...

Well, OK. Good luck.

You're not prepared to take his word for it? ;)

Weedpharma

What error ?

weedpharma: You're not prepared to take his word for it? ;)

Weedpharma

And then you will know just what?

You have been around long enough to know that many members expect to give no information and for you to believe them.

The number of posts that "have no coding errors" but do not post the code that usually does have errors once posted, is an indication of infallibility of some members.

Weedpharma

Erroer message:

Arduino: 1.6.1 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini, ATmega328 (3.3V, 8 MHz)"

Build options changed, rebuilding all

jeelib\PortsLCD.cpp.o: In function `LiquidCrystal::init(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)':

C:\Users\Palhj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\jeelib/PortsLCD.cpp:236: multiple definition of `LiquidCrystal::init(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp.o:C:\Users\Palhj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.cpp:209: first defined here

jeelib\PortsLCD.cpp.o: In function `LiquidCrystalBase::write(unsigned char)':

C:\Users\Palhj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\jeelib/PortsLCD.cpp:185: multiple definition of `LiquidCrystal::LiquidCrystal(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp.o:C:\Users\Palhj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.cpp:156: first defined here

C:\Users\Palhj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\jeelib/PortsLCD.cpp:185: multiple definition of `LiquidCrystal::LiquidCrystal(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal.cpp.o:C:\Users\Palhj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal/LiquidCrystal.cpp:156: first defined here

C:\Users\Palhj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\jeelib/PortsLCD.cpp:185: multiple definition of `LiquidCrystal::LiquidCrystal(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\Palhj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\jeelib/PortsLCD.cpp:185: multiple definition of `LiquidCrystal::LiquidCrystal(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\Palhj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\jeelib/PortsLCD.cpp:185: multiple definition of `LiquidCrystal::LiquidCrystal(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\Palhj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\jeelib/PortsLCD.cpp:185: multiple definition of `LiquidCrystal::LiquidCrystal(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\Palhj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\jeelib/PortsLCD.cpp:185: multiple definition of `LiquidCrystal::LiquidCrystal(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\Palhj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\jeelib/PortsLCD.cpp:185: multiple definition of `LiquidCrystal::LiquidCrystal(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\Palhj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\jeelib/PortsLCD.cpp:185: multiple definition of `LiquidCrystal::pulseEnable()'

C:\Users\Palhj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\jeelib/PortsLCD.cpp:185: multiple definition of `LiquidCrystal::send(unsigned char, unsigned char)'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.

weedpharma: You have been around long enough to know that many members expect to give no information and for you to believe them.

The number of posts that "have no coding errors" but do not post the code that usually does have errors once posted, is an indication of infallibility of some members.

Weedpharma

It's not about belief.

It's about the Q&A just to find out what is what.

Which part of that error message did you not understand ?

Starting from your sketch, draw a diagram showing which header files it #includes, and then which header file each of those #includes, and so on, until you find no more.

You will find that you have some functions with the sames names, twice or more, in two different places.

You will need to change the way your code #includes libraries, to eliminate these multiple definitions.

Without looking at all of the code, it appears this "jeelib", whatever that is, includes LCD functions. Get rid of it.

So basically, your jeelib library uses a different version of LiquidCrystal than the library you have locally installed.

arduinodlb: So basically, your jeelib library uses a different version of LiquidCrystal than the library you have locally installed.

Thanks for you answer. i need to find a different way to put my Arduino to sleep then!?

BeerPal: Thanks for you answer. i need to find a different way to put my Arduino to sleep then!?

Or use the version of LiquidCrystal that jeelib uses.

Maybe more than you want to know is in these links:

http://www.gammon.com.au/power

http://playground.arduino.cc/Learning/ArduinoSleepCode