I am developing some electronics (about 200mA draw) which are powered by 2 AA batteries in series using a MCP1640 converter for having clean 3.3v. Just like many of its colleagues, the MCP has an enable pin that - when pulled to ground - disables power output and consumes about 1 uA.
Google couldn't tell me why using the enable pin and wasting the small but existent 1 uA is better than a simple switch that cuts of the + or - directly after the battery.
Can anyone enlighten me please? What is the best way of implementing an on/off switch for a battery-enabled device?