Battery & Tacticle Switch & Module

Hello everyone ,

i have a Lipo Battery (3,7v/3A) and want use between my Module (Input 5V/1A) a tactile switch button with led (12v/50mA). How can i turn the Module On/Off with this switch button?

I have read some articles, i think i need a P-Mosfet and the Gate must be connected to my Switch, but how can i drop the Ampere 3A to 50mA?

Firstly your cell is probably rated as 3Ah, ie a capacity rating, not a current rating. The max
discharge current rating could be wildly different (1A, 100A even). As you haven't provided
any link to data for this cell we can only guess at the moment.

Loads only draw the current they need, so long as the power source can provide at least enough
and hold the voltage steady while doing so. Otherwise they don't draw enough.

You need at the very least two active devices to implement an auto power switch from a momentary
switch - you can't do it with just a pMOSFET as something needs to latch the gate on after the
button is released. Typically it can be two transistors, two FETs, or a CMOS flip-flop to drive
the MOSFET.

Do you have any other requirements (like auto-off switching ability?)

MarkT:
Firstly your cell is probably rated as 3Ah, ie a capacity rating, not a current rating. The max
discharge current rating could be wildly different (1A, 100A even). As you haven’t provided
any link to data for this cell we can only guess at the moment.

Loads only draw the current they need, so long as the power source can provide at least enough
and hold the voltage steady while doing so. Otherwise they don’t draw enough.

You need at the very least two active devices to implement an auto power switch from a momentary
switch - you can’t do it with just a pMOSFET as something needs to latch the gate on after the
button is released. Typically it can be two transistors, two FETs, or a CMOS flip-flop to drive
the MOSFET.

Do you have any other requirements (like auto-off switching ability?)

for first no other requirements , just turn on/off the module by using the push button/switch.Later i want a dc motor using the battery too and a switch for turn on/off the motor.

In attachment you can see the battery & switch and the module(powerbank module)

In that case there's probably a single IC for the job.

Maybe this: https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/Atmel%20PDFs/U6032B.pdf

or something similar. That one's low-side switching I think.

MarkT:
In that case there's probably a single IC for the job.

Maybe this: https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/Atmel%20PDFs/U6032B.pdf

or something similar. That one's low-side switching I think.

Can you maybe describe me how this is working , i am a really newbie in the electric field.