Before I buy an Attiny 85........

Is it possible to burn the the bootloader and run a sketch on an ATtiny85 using the Arduino IDE? Some of my projects do not require chips as big as the Atmega328. Thanks in advance!

http://hlt.media.mit.edu/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.ArduinoATtiny4585

I came accross this - never done it myself

Thanks ALOT!!!!!!!!!! I've been searching for this info for quite a while !!! One problem , though......it's not very clear as to where I should put the files in my Arduino folder.The ATTiny doesn't show up in Tools/Board. Any help would be nice. Thanks again............Alex

Which IDE version are you using?

Version 0021

it's not very clear as to where I should put the files in my Arduino folder

From the second section on that website...

Installing ATtiny45 / ATtiny85 support: - Download: attiny45_85.zip - Locate your Arduino sketchbook folder (you can find its location in the preferences dialog in the Arduino software) - Create a new sub-folder called "hardware" in the sketchbook folder. - Copy the attiny45_85 folder from the attiny45_85.zip to the hardware folder. - Restart the Arduino development environment.

I did that but Attiny did not show up under Tools/Board menu....any suggestions?

Where is the Sketch directory on your computer?

C:\Documents and Settings\"my name"\My Documents\Arduino

Does this folder exist...

C:\Documents and Settings\"my name"\My Documents\Arduino\hardware

Yes......I tried putting it there also......didn't work there either. Should it show up as ATtiny in the boards menu?

The Boards menu will have two new options: ATtiny45 and ATtiny85.

Does this folder exist...

C:\Documents and Settings\"my name"\My Documents\Arduino\hardware\attiny45_85

I finally got it to work!!! Thank you very much!!