begininer help: sensor shield, servos

My first Arduino project is based on an Uno board with a sensor shield. I want to have for example one photocell sensor per servo so that different lighting may trigger one or more servos to rotate 90 degrees but not in sync with each other. I have literally not done anything with Arduino previously, so having although I have worked with robotics and used things like Max/MSP I am coming in blind.

** EDIT: the basic premise here is taking an already built servo based multi drum striking device and move it from remote control to sensor control or puppet to robotic.**

I have been looking for examples that are similar to what I want to do but haven't found anything. If you have done a project or have code sample that might be helpful I would appreciate the guidance.

Thank you, Tommy

Here’s some fairly trivial early code of mine. I mounted the ldr on the servo horn so it would “seek” light. It checks if the reading is light or dark: if dark, moves 15 degrees and tests again. Eventually it parks in the light.

ldr_drives_servo.ino (995 Bytes)

JimboZA: Here's some fairly trivial early code of mine. I mounted the ldr on the servo horn so it would "seek" light. It checks if the reading is light or dark: if dark, moves 15 degrees and tests again. Eventually it parks in the light.

Thanks I will take a looksee, it adds kind of an interesting angle hat I'm seeking. Tommy