beginner micro sd card issues

Good morning all
I am having some issues with reading a micro sd card i have several of them laying around and none of them will work for playing sounds for a project,

i have been looking and looking for hours for a solution,i have used the sd card info file and all i get backe is
Initializing SD card...Wiring is correct and a card is present.

Card type: SD2
Could not find FAT16/FAT32 partition.
Make sure you've formatted the card

Have formatted all the cards i have in the pc using the sd formatter that iv found mentioned on here it think it was..

all the cards work on the pc they all work in various cameras i have,so i dont think its the cards being faulty,do only certain cards work in arduino nano?

any help for a complete novice would be muchly appreciated

many thanks

There are a few SD libraries so knowing exactly which one you are using would be helpful for those trying to assist you ?

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.

Also, it would be good to know what size cards you're using.

Sorry iv been using the sd card info part of the examples to try and find out why the sd card isnt working it the build iv done and keep getting the above error.

And i have various micro sd (128mb/2gb/8gb/16gb cards and iv tried all of them and all of them come up with the same fault

many thanks

In other posts like this, where the card is recognized but it cant find the file system, it has usually turned out to be bad connections. And sometimes slowing the SPI speed down can make it work, which is another indication of a bad connection.

ShermanP:
In other posts like this, where the card is recognized but it cant find the file system, it has usually turned out to be bad connections. And sometimes slowing the SPI speed down can make it work, which is another indication of a bad connection.

sorry what does slowing the spi speed mean and how ?

See the clock divider here
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/SPI

Default speed for a '328P based board is 4 MHz SCK clock speed, which is /4.
16 MHz system clock /4 = 4 MHz.
Max is /2 for 8 MHz.
Can down to 2, 1, 512 KHz, 256 KHz, 128 KHz I think is the slowest. Or whatever the page says.
I usually use the default, have used 8 MHz to load up shift registers, and have used 2 MHz for some ADC and DAC chips.

ShermanP:

Well just re soldered all the connections from the board to the sd card reader and boom we have action must have been a bad joint somewhere,,,thanks

just have an issue with the amplifier part of it now,,not working and just getting incredibly hot,,cant even put a finger on it for a second

but thanks for the help so far