Beginner needs advice for components

Hello all, i hope that someone has the time to help me on some questions.
And i googled, but there are so many parts so i dont know which one is the best to go with.

The price should not be too high, but on the other side the components need to be from a good quality.(but not too expensive :slight_smile: )

Project is gonna be like:

• Arduino:
    -- which one would be the best to buy?
    -- i want to solder all cables. So at best no plug circuit board...will there be any problems?! But for testing a circuit board will be necessary i think.
    -- as small as possible, because i dont have too much room for all components.

• Water pump for fountain:
    -- the water has to go up to 7-10cm. Also it would be nice if i can implement some logic, like water goes up for 3 cm for 10 seconds and than goes up to 5cm for some seconds and so on...

• LEDs
    -- about 30 LEDs. Some blue, red, green and so on. I thought this will be "easy". There are some tutorials with standard leds and 220Ω resistors. But perhaps someone has some good advice...

• Display
    -- i think this display will fit
    https://www.amazon.de/Quimat-Bildschirm-Kompatibel-Entwicklungsbrett-Hauptplatine/dp/B0723HMWHQ?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_5
    -- But it would be nice to read some other ones..

• Speaker
    -- some small speaker to put out some sound. Nothing special, mono would fit too.

• Components
    -- which components will i need for the parts from above? Resistors, capacitor and so one...

• Battery
    -- the project needs to run minimal for about 12 hours and all powered by a battery.
    -- how to connect all parts to the battery? Can arduino handles this for me or does every part need to be connected seperatly? Which battery to choose?

For the start thats all, but in future there it is to be planned, to add some others parts. So its not finished with the list and it would be good, that some reserves are there to expand the project.

Hope everything is clear and that there is someone, who can give me some advice...thanks!

I am using UNOs in a variety of applications. Mega has a lot more I/O but it looks like You don't need that. For low power applications other Arduinos are better.
For LCD I use those ones communicating via I2C. That's handy, using the I2C bus and it saves a lot of I/O, and cabling.

I think you should describe in detail what it is that you wish to accomplish. Otherwise, nobody can really make suggestions for anything other than what Railroader touched on.

As for which board to use, there are several videos on YouTube that demonstrate the size of Arduino boards available. A Pro Mini is what I think of with what little information you gave.

it looks like the first thing you need to know is what to study

since most motors need 12 volts, you need a 12 volt battery. so you need a way to reduce that to 5 VDC for the Arduino. check out buck converters

you need to study motor controls.

solder all cables: I make headers for the modules. do them right once, nice long leads, and you know the module end is wired up right, even if you take things apart. later, you can solder the far ends to headers made for the Arduino when you harden up the project

modules: way up on my priority list is at least two holes for mounting screws. if they have 1 or none, they get attached to a perfboard which has mounting screws

sound module: I have a pile that were too much aggravation, and required too many pins. the Catalex YX-5300 is painless and easy to implement

Arduino: there is a small footprint Mega available:

Mini-Meduino-Mega-2560-R3-Board-Pro-Mini-ATMEGA16U2-with-Male-header-for-Arduino/382593211321 no mounting holes

Mini-MEGA-2560-Pro-Micro-USB-CH340G-ATMEGA2560-16AU-For-Arduino-Mega-2560-R3/362718326686 with mounting holes

if you want to control those 30 LEDS with one individual pins, you need a mega

about that LCD: get one with a separate I2C adapter and do this: I2C backpack installed right

which components will i need for the parts from above? Resistors, capacitor and so one...

we don't do your homework. this is a do it yourself forum.

look for similar projects in the Project Hub, in the COMMUNITY tab, right side of the green bar above

Read "How To Use This Forum"

This is what happens when you do not

There are 5V water pumps out there, they should have no problem producing a small fountain.

Most water pumps (5V or 12V) are using brushless motors (as they're so easy to waterproof), which generally can not be controlled beyond a simple on/off. So not suitable for a fountain that has to produce different heights, that means a controllable motor.

For the LEDs: look into the directly addressable WS2812B type. Cheap, easy to control, RGB colour output.

Sound: you'll need more than a speaker; also a source of the sound itself. Probably an mp3 player such as the DF Player Mini. Can drive a small speaker directly.

Battery: get a really big powerbank. That's going to be 80% of the cost of materials, as those things are expensive. If you want to get a made-in-china one, derate the capacity by half.

A very rough estimate of the power needs for this project:
5V motor: 0.5-1A
30x LED: 0.5A
Music: 0.3-0.5A.
So total about 2A x 12h = 24 Ah. So you need a 24,000 mAh battery for this. Those do exist, expect to pay something like 100-120 Euro for a quality one.
I'm doing a project which uses 2x 16,800 mAh batteries - those things also cost like 80 Euro a piece making the battery by far the largest cost of the project, but the pair ARE able to power this project with 100 WS2812B LEDs + music for about 10 hours, and can produce 2A (each) for extended period of time without significant heating.
If portability is not an issue, you may save a lot by getting a 12V deep cycle lead/acid battery. Much cheaper, but the things are really heavy, and you need to add a buck converter (to get down to 12V for your Arduino) and a charger.

Thxs for the replies.

Of course i dont want to waste someones time, i just thought there are perhaps some good tips.

And i get some good ones(special thanks @wvmarle). So far thxs to all, im gonna order now some parts and get the other ones, when im a bit more into arduino.