Beginner question

Thanks for the add to this community! I am new to arduino and need some help with a project I am planning hardware wise. First what I want to do then what I need.
5-6 3v separate leds in a random chasing patern
1 16X16 or 8X32 led panel
1 small motor or servo
Can one unit control all these leds and will the panel need a separate power supply's for each etc? Will a good starter kit have most of what I need to get started? I am planning on buying to led panel and leds separate. I have found the setup code for each one online but I want to know if all can run together?
Thanks

Without specifications for each piece there is no way to give intelligent advice. For servos and even small motors an external supply is required as the Arduino can't supply that much current. What is the voltage rating of the servo and motor? What is the stall current of the motor? The motor will need a driver. Either transistor for one direction or H-bridge for forward and reverse. 6.3V LEDs will certainly need external power as the Arduino is either 3.3V or 5V (and probably not enough current). Do the LED panels have built in controllers or will the Arduino meed to do all of the control?

Can one unit control all these leds

Without more detailed information I can't give a definitive answer to that question except, probably.

groundFungus:
6.3V LEDs will certainly need external power

I think "5-6 3v separate leds" means "five or six LEDs with a forward voltage of 3v".
Note: The "16x16 or 8x32 LED panel" will probably need some additional electronics to reduce the required pin count. You might be able to drive a raw array directly using an Arduino MEGA 2560 but most prefer arrays that include a driver chip on board allowing you to control them using a few pins on an Arduino UNO.

I think "5-6 3v separate leds

I did wonder about that, but swear that I saw a decimal point. A speck on my monitor maybe or I need better glasses.

johnwasser:
I think "5-6 3v separate leds" means "five or six LEDs with a forward voltage of 3v".
Note: The "16x16 or 8x32 LED panel" will probably need some additional electronics to reduce the required pin count. You might be able to drive a raw array directly using an Arduino MEGA 2560 but most prefer arrays that include a driver chip on board allowing you to control them using a few pins on an Arduino UNO.

8x32 LED panels with on board drivers are a common part, available for about US$8 from China.

Ok yeah the leds would be 3v and the panel I was looking at is

8x32x24-bit RGB LEDs will need 768 bytes of buffer which is a significant chunk of the 2k of available RAM on an Arduino UNO.

johnwasser:
8x32x24-bit RGB LEDs will need 768 bytes of buffer which is a significant chunk of the 2k of available RAM on an Arduino UNO.

Only if you need a buffer. If you are able to compute the values on the fly or load them from PROGMEM you can just push them out to the matrix as they're ready.

Granted, you'll need to write your own functions to do that, but that's part of the fun!