When you get in a car to go for a drive - several things come to mind.
- Is it the first time you’ve ever tried to drive?
- Is an experienced driver going with you?
- Do you know where you’re going?
- Is there a road to your destination?
- Do you have a map, or instructions to get there?
- Is there air in the tyres?
- Is there fuel in the tank?
- Are you tall enough to see out the windows? Reach the pedals?
- What’s the weather like?
OK - You (may) get the idea.
Developing software is not unlike learning to drive a car and going on a journey.
There is more to it than meets the eye.
In most situations, learning to drive is a LOT easier than learning to program well.