Beginner's question: IDE not finding <algorithm>

Hello there!!!

I wonder if somebody could help me out. Sorry, this is a beginner’s question.

I wrote a class for a sensor and I am including to sort an array.

When I include my own little library in my arduino sketch, the IDE is telling me it can’t find file algorithm.

/home/eovento/sketchbook/libraries/DistanceSensorHCSR04/DistanceSensorHCSR04.cpp:3:29: fatal error: algorithm: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I have been successful in writing other classes for Arduino without including anything from the standard library. And I have also managed to write other stand alone applications in c++ using the standard library.

I wonder if you could help me?

I am using:
Arduino IDE 1.0.1
Ubuntu 12.04.1
Arduino Leonardo
(and emacs to edit DistanceSensorHCSR04.h and DistanceSensorHCSR04.cpp)

Thank you so much!!!

I haven't looked at the latest version of the IDE but I don't believe it come with an implementation of the STL so no need for it.

Thank you for your help.

For anyone else trying to use the STL in the Arduino IDE I found this thread. I am going to give it a shot now.

Search path for additional libraries? http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,61517.0.html

I still need help, sadly. Where do I copy the include dir to so the arduino IDE sees it?

So, following instructions from the posting, I downloaded and expanded the avr-stl/include dir.

But I don't know where to copy the files to, since I am on an Ubuntu box, not Windows.

I tried to copy the files to /usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/ but that didn't work. I tried creating ./avr/avr dir from there, nope.

Would anybody have experience with this?

Many many thanks!