Belkin WeMo

Hi All,

I have been digging around the internet without much luck....

I'm sure it can be done, but could someone please point me in the right direction (example code would be great) on how to control a Belkin WeMo switch from an Arduino.

Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Many thanks

Nick

I'm not sure about the Voltage,does it automatically adopt to American standard ? do I need a adapter ?

Why not ask Belkin?

I really need to study this carefully cause this is kind of high technology product, different voltage, different temperature condition all sounds complicated.

The Belkin Wemo switch uses Upnp (google it) to publish its capabilities and it's pretty complex to operate. I decided it was too much code to invent and connected to a few of them with a Raspberry Pi. After some trials and tribulations, I have three of them controlling various outside lights pretty reliably. If you want to see how I did it, look here:

Be warned, it's a painful process to control one of these things with your own code. Belkin itself made a mess of it and gathered a ton of complaints. They work pretty reliably for me, but I don't want to support the whole world, just my house. I also think it's too much code for a little Arduino, it could be done on a 2560 ... maybe.

It www.wiore.com can control up to 6 wireless power switch. I use it. For me, this is better than Wemo. A small modification antenna , gave me a distance of 60m :slight_smile:
Best regards