First things first, I have been experimenting with the Arduino for some time now, but I didn't post anything here. Anyway, for some reason I found making PCBs with EAGLE to be pretty addicting. So I made this. I liked the Sanguino for the unusual MCU, but there were a few factors I didn't like.
Benjamino by Jan Nejtek jr. is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
Based on work at www.sanguino.cc and www.arduino.cc
- Uses ATmega644 in SMD package
- Has USB using FT232RL, just like in Arduino Duemilanove and Diecimila
- Shield compatible
- Pins marked similarly to Arduino Uno
- Can automatically select between USB power and DC jack
- Uses micro USB to avoid shorting out any shields.
Overall, it is a more Arduino-ish modification of Sanguino and uses the same software.
Image generated using Eagle3D.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Too bad I don't have a working prototype, but BatchPCB hasn't shipped it out yet. Also, if it's ever to be mass produced, I want the solder mask to be white with black silk screen.
This isn't the only thing I invented. More boards with more interesting MCU's are coming very soon.
Any ideas, suggestions? Tell me right here, right now.