Best analog multiplexer IC for NodeMCU or other 3.3v microcontroller?

I am looking for an analog multiplexer IC in a DIP package that I can use with a NodeMCU. I would like a minimum of 4 pins, but more would be fine. I will be using it so that I can use multiple capacitive soil moisture sensors with a NodeMCU, which only has 1 analog input. I was looking at maybe the 74HC4051 or MAX4734 or one of the 74LV405x? Or the SN74HC4051N? Which one of these would work or be better or is there another option? Here is a link to the soil moisture sensor I am using-https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33042209039.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.52713c006kRBs8&mp=1

Another option would be ads1115. Modules are very cheap on eBay/AliExpress etc. Each had 4 inputs but you can add more modules, up to 4 in fact, giving you 16 channels!

PaulRB:
Another option would be ads1115. Modules are very cheap on eBay/AliExpress etc. Each had 4 inputs but you can add more modules, up to 16 in fact!

I was looking for a DIP IC, but that looks like a good option too! If I can't find a DIP, I will use that. Thanks!!

The modules have 10 pins in single row, 0.1" spacing so good for breadboard/protoboard.
s-l400 (27).JPG

s-l400 (27).JPG

PaulRB:
The modules have 10 pins in single row, 0.1" spacing so good for breadboard/protoboard.
s-l400 (27).JPG

Yes, that does look like a good option, I think I will use that! Thanks!

I asked a question earlier today and yesterday on this forum as well as others about the best analog multiplexer to use to add a few additional analog inputs to a NodeMCU. Someone recommended using an ADS1115 analog to digital converter. I am using this for an automatic garden watering project, where I need to read the values from multiple capacitive soil moisture sensors. Here is a link to the sensors- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33042209039.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.52713c006kRBs8&mp=1 My question is, would an analog multiplexer or analog to digital converter be better for this project? Thanks!

Depends largely on how many inputs the additional DAC or multiplexer provides and what resolution you want compared to the Arduino's 10 bit.

Also to some extent, on the layout of your project - an external I2C ADC may be mounted at a small distance and make wiring and crosstalk easier.

Paul__B:
Depends largely on how many inputs the additional DAC or multiplexer provides and what resolution you want compared to the Arduino's 10 bit.

Also to some extent, on the layout of your project - an external I2C ADC may be mounted at a small distance and make wiring and crosstalk easier.

I will be using it to connect multiple capacitive soil moisture sensors- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33042209039.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.52713c006kRBs8&mp=1
As for how many inputs, maybe a minimum of 4, but it could be more. Preferably not over 8.

Why didn’t you ask that question on the other topic? Starting multiple topics on essentially the same question on the same forum or multiple forums is considered “cross-posting” and is against this forum’s rules and can get you banned if you persist with doing it. It wastes people’s time.

I suggested ads1115 because it’s a better solution, similar price, uses fewer pins (important on esp8266). If your project uses any other i2c devices, like an RTC, then you can add up to 4 ads1115 to provide 16 analog channels for zero extra pins. A multiplexer would use 4 pins.

@Electrolicious

TOPIC MERGED.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum.