Best Battery?

I am new to electronics and I am finding ways to power a wireless device that features an arduino nano, MPU 6050 sensor, HC 05 Bluetooth module, and a small TFT screen. The battery needs to be as small and lightweight as possible while being able to power the device basically for days. Would it work to stick 3-4 3V coin batteries on it? Should I get a Li-Po battery pack? or a AA with voltage regulator? Any help is appreciated!

First, learn to make low power circuits. Here is an excellent tutorial.

First you have to measure how much current all of your sensors, transmitters and displays use combined.

Then you have to figure out for how long they are going to be in ON state. That is - are they going to be ON all the time or just during a certain interval like ON for 1 minute every day and then OFF for the rest of the time.

Only after you do these first can we help you find a battery than can be "able to power the device basically for days."

meestersin2:
Nice

What?

Interesting, someone who wants small and lightweight as possible. That's new. I've only ever heard of people wanting the biggest, heaviest, shortest running batteries.

Coin cells won't cut it.
Lithium is best for energy to weight. It's why cell phones use it. In fact, you can probably just use a cell phone battery.

INTP:
Lithium is best for energy to weight. It's why cell phones use it. In fact, you can probably just use a cell phone battery.

The term "Lithium" is associated with primary cells that give 3V like the CR123 cells. It's cameras that use these cells and not cell phones.

It is really difficult to get hold of a genuine cell phone battery since the market is flooded with fake used batteries. He will have to buy a new cell phone to get a cell phone battery that has it's full capacity and charge cycles.

He will have to buy a new cell phone to get a cell phone battery that has it's full capacity and charge cycles.

Nonsense.

jremington:
Nonsense.

perhaps you can give him a link to a genuine cell?

Noobian:
The term “Lithium” is associated with primary cells that give 3V like the CR123 cells. It’s cameras that use these cells and not cell phones.

The term Lithium is also associated with secondary cells of the Lithium Ion persuasion often seen in their Lithium Ion Polymer form (Lipo to their friends). And these are the Lithium batteries used in cell phones. laptops, tablets and many other things.

And these are likely to be the most useful for this application.

Steve

The term "lithium" refers to an element, which is very useful for a wide variety of devices and applications.

If yall wanna be pedantic peacocks, then let's also point out that AA is a battery size, not chemistry.

But instead of being difficult, I assume a newbie like the OP has alkalines or maybe NiMHs in mind and not 14500 lithiums.
And I just use the term lithium now that there's a couple dozen different lithium chemistries. Also assume that rechargeables, not primaries, are being referenced.

AA also refers to Alcoholic Anonymous.

Alcohol is a dancing-ability regulator, not a voltage regulator.

That's funny, coz all this time I was takin it as a driving-ability regulator.