Best board to use for a lasertag project

Hi!

I don't have much knowledge on Arduino and was looking to start a project where I make my own laser-tag gun. I wanted to know which board you would recommend for something like this. I'm aware of the limitations I need to consider for the boards like power output, connectors and form factor, and wifi capability. I've done about an hour of looking but I think I'd need a week before I could make the best choice. All in all, I'm looking for a board that has wifi capability, can support the amount of power required, and can also support a screen interface that goes on the side of the gun. Any suggestions are welcome and I appreciate all help! :slight_smile:

All in all, I'm looking for a board that has wifi capability, can support the amount of power required, and can also support a screen interface that goes on the side of the gun.

You've told us nothing about the power required, or the display.

No experience ???

Well, before you start on a major project, get an inexpensive UNO Arduino and see if you can grasp the technology.
Then if you do well, proceed with your project.

Well the WiFi part points to the ESP8266 based boards (NodeMCU, WeMOS, and there are others).
As all microcontrollers they can not deliver much power themselves, but they can control a lot of it with the appropriate drivers. Attaching a screen in general is no problem but it depends on the screen itself whether your specific screen works or not.