Best IOT board

In your opinion, what would be the best overall iot board?

Esp32?

Small?

etc?

I would to hear expert opinions.

Thanks!

What features would make the board the best???

Depends on which type of board you going to use and your exact definition of best.

Type - Bluetooth, WiFi, Sigfox, LoRa, AFSK, NBiot

Best - Cheapest, most reliable, longest range, largest bandwidth, easiest to work with, local or global, most secure, easiest to upgrade over the air, most upgradeable, eaisest for beginners, smallest, most battery efficient.

So think about what you want and do a bit of Googling

Far better to describe what you actually want to do, If you think there is one easy answer you are mistaken.

'etc' is fairly meaningless.

I think "etc"
Because of the unlimited options.

If you had an actual application then i would strongly and expertly suggest the one that fits your needs.
To support my expert recommendation, because it fits your needs.

Thank You for your replies.

I think srnet gave great options!

It’s a bit like “what’s the best medicine in the world?”. Well, what disease do you have?

To answer dave-in-nj, the boards application would be designed for educators/hobbyists and the go to board for iot.

One more question...

I recently saw this board called the TinyPico... And it seems like one of the best iot board currently.

And was wondering in what ways could it be improved?

Thanks

I recently saw this neat IOT board called the TinyPico on CrowdSupply.

I am wondering in what ways could it be improved?

power? size? ....

Thanks

russainhacker2_0:
I recently saw this board called the TinyPico... And it seems like one of the best iot board currently.

And was wondering in what ways could it be improved?

TinyPICO | Crowd Supply

russainhacker2_0 has created a dedicated thread for this question:

does not have the proper FCC rating.

how may have you had made ?
how long do you expect for you to fill all the orders you get ?
are you going to offer some sort of special offer for us on this forum ?

russainhacker2_0:
I recently saw this neat IOT board called the TinyPico on CrowdSupply.

I am wondering in what ways could it be improved?

power? size? …

TinyPICO | Crowd Supply

Thanks

In your first post in the other thread, you also suggested an ESP32 IOT board.

Now your asking, in an Arduino forum, how a Micropython based IOT board can be improved ?

Is it so difficult to tell us what you actually want to do ?

Its pointless speculating on how a board might be ‘improved’ if it already meets your requirements.

russainhacker2_0:

It would only be the best in restricted circumstances though.

You seem to know what these circumstances are, but would tell the forum.

srnet:
In your first post in the other thread, you also suggested an ESP32 IOT board.

I did submit a merge request to moderator on this thread, but it has not happened. :roll_eyes:

srnet:
Its pointless speculating on how a board might be 'improved' if it already meets your requirements.

this seems like a form of spam.
advertise by saying 'I found this link'

dave-in-nj:
this seems like a form of spam.
advertise by saying 'I found this link'

My thoughts also.

russainhacker2_0:
To answer dave-in-nj, the boards application would be designed for educators/hobbyists and the go to board for iot.

so, this is not about any project, it is more as a research for a product that you want to make .
My one and only suggestion is to avoid the odd spacing of the headers for the UNO, but put on headers with that odd spacing so existing shields can be used.
work out the basic weather station power, offer a battery and solar panel shield
also add RF for ultra low power.

PaulRB:
It’s a bit like “what’s the best medicine in the world?”. Well, what disease do you have?

Well, no, not really. The best medicine in the world is Lilly the Pink’s Medicinal Compound, most efficacious in every case.

PerryBebbington:
Well, no, not really. The best medicine in the world is Lilly the Pink's Medicinal Compound, most efficacious in every case.

BesBest accessory are Ray Ban rose colored glasses

@russainhacker2_0, do not cross-post. Threads merged.