Best motor for sumo

Hi everyone, im building a sumo bot for a small competition.

I'm thinking of using stepper or DC motors, i know that stepper motors needs more voltaje and are less eficient. If I use DC motors i will have to put a gearbox or something to reduce the RPM.

Im using a lipo battery 11.7V and 3000mAh.

Sorry for my english. Thanks

The circle has a diameter of 1.5 meters, the game consists of two robots, the objective is to push the enemy robot out of the circle, a light sensor is used that detects the white line so that the robot knows that it must avoid falling again, and one, two or three ultrasonic sensors to detect the enemy robot, in addition to two engines and one free wheel, I do not remember the weight limit, I think it was 1kg, and the size of 20cmx20cm

What is a sumo bot - a picture might help. Also some indication of the size and weight.

If you can buy a ready-made sumo bot then what sort of motors does it use?

...R

A robotics forum devoted to this class of robot is the place to get accurate information to this sort of question.

Yes, a stepper motor is a poor choice for any robot traction system as the efficiency is woeful - steppers are
for precise controlled movement where power consumption is of secondary concern, not traction. DC or
brushless motor with (wheel-)encoders is how robots usually do their main traction systems.

Sizing a motor is going to be pretty much standard, determine the torque and power needed (maximum),
then select a motor and gear ratio from this, allowing for losses in the gear system.

But the experts for a particular class of robot will have done this before, and tuned their systems to
the actual performance needed through experience, and searched for obscure motor suppliers, etc etc,
ask them!

Robin2:
What is a sumo bot - a picture might help. Also some indication of the size and weight.

If you can buy a ready-made sumo bot then what sort of motors does it use?

...R

i posted a photo

Francisco-Colli:
i posted a photo

For the future don't add stuff to older Posts. Put the new stuff in a new Reply in the correct chronological order - it makes it much easier to follow the flow of the discussion.

Which of the devices in the photo is the sumo bot?

What diameter is the circular platform?

...R

Hi everyone, im building a sumo bot for a small competition.

I'm thinking of using stepper or DC motors, i know that stepper motors needs more voltaje and are less eficient. If I use DC motors i will have to put a gearbox or something to reduce the RPM.

Im using a lipo battery 11.7V and 3000mAh.

Sorry for my english. Thanks

The circle has a diameter of 1.5 meters, the game consists of two robots, the objective is to push the enemy robot out of the circle, a light sensor is used that detects the white line so that the robot knows that it must avoid falling again, and one, two or three ultrasonic sensors to detect the enemy robot, in addition to two engines and one free wheel, I do not remember the weight limit, I think it was 1kg, and the size of 20cmx20cm

Pololu has great sumo bot resources - parts, kits and forum advice: https://www.pololu.com/

Edit: this was a suggestion to merge the threads. No longer relevant.

Thanks Coding Badly!

@Francisco-Colli, please do not cross-post. Threads merged.

[quote author=Coding Badly link=msg=3816832 date=1532416880]
@Francisco-Colli, please do not cross-post. Threads merged.

[/quote] Sorry, im new, i will try

Francisco-Colli:
Sorry, im new, i will try

Please re-read this Thread from top to bottom and make sure that you answer all the questions.

…R