Best Telemetry Module

I'm working on a wireless standard for my projects and need to find a suitable radio module for it. 2 or more km would be great and around 150kbps should be enough.
I've looked at the nrf24l01 with lna and pa but I'm worried it might not have enough power and the 2.4ghz band won't go through building well enough. And LoRa as far as I've seen has a max of 19.2kbps which isn't enough for even the lowest requirements of my projects. Although I'm looking into the sx1276 at 100mw using something other that lora as at some places it says it can transmit up to 300kbps which is more than enough

Any advice for a good module preferably in the 868mhz band?

Yo90bosses:
I'm working on a wireless standard for my projects and need to find a suitable radio module for it. 2 or more km would be great and around 150kbps should be enough.
I've looked at the nrf24l01 with lna and pa but I'm worried it might not have enough power and the 2.4ghz band won't go through building well enough. And LoRa as far as I've seen has a max of 19.2kbps which isn't enough for even the lowest requirements of my projects. Although I'm looking into the sx1276 at 100mw using something other that lora as at some places it says it can transmit up to 300kbps which is more than enough

Any advice for a good module preferably in the 868mhz band?

Rather than worry about power, select a better antenna system.

How many time per second do you need to send at 150kbps? All the devices send their data in packets.

Are you in a country that allows 868mHz to be used as an ISM frequency?

Paul

Your not correct with your assertions about the data rate that LoRa is capable of, it can operate faster than you suggest.

However what is your application that needs 2km range at a data rate of 150kbps ?

You can use one of these SiK telemetry radios. They have excellent range and reliability, not to mention easy to use (UART). I use a pair of them for sending commands to my Arduino RC airplane.

Paul_KD7HB:
Rather than worry about power, select a better antenna system.

How many time per second do you need to send at 150kbps? All the devices send their data in packets.

Are you in a country that allows 868mHz to be used as an ISM frequency?

Paul

Like i said its more a general system for all my projects so i dont need remake the systems everytime i work on a new project. So it depends on the project, some need only a small packet (6 floats) but at 100 times a second or normal telemetry with larger packets but at 5 or 10 times a second. I live in germany so yes 868mhz is allowed.

srnet:
Your not correct with your assertions about the data rate that LoRa is capable of, it can operate faster than you suggest.

However what is your application that needs 2km range at a data rate of 150kbps ?

Im currently studying aerospace and we sometimes work on drones that can fly that far and we want to get as much information as possible and 150kbps should give us all the vital information. the 2km is also there for signal reliability if a building is between the transmitter and receiver.
I might use a second module like NRF24L01 for more data and the other for a reliable control link. But i still need in that case the 150kbps.

Yo90bosses:
Like i said its more a general system for all my projects so i dont need remake the systems everytime i work on a new project. So it depends on the project, some need only a small packet (6 floats) but at 100 times a second or normal telemetry with larger packets but at 5 or 10 times a second. I live in germany so yes 868mhz is allowed.

Im currently studying aerospace and we sometimes work on drones that can fly that far and we want to get as much information as possible and 150kbps should give us all the vital information. the 2km is also there for signal reliability if a building is between the transmitter and receiver.
I might use a second module like NRF24L01 for more data and the other for a reliable control link. But i still need in that case the 150kbps.

Well in most of Europe, whilst 868Mhz is allocated, I was not aware of an allocation that allowed more than 10% duty cycle, so in general this band is not friendly for 'drone' control.

Do you have access to a 868Mhz band that allows for more than 10% duty in Germany ?

I have no experience of how much range you might need to compensate for flying behind buildings since remote control of that type of flight (i.e. out of sight) is not permitted in the UK and lots of other places.

2.4Ghz LoRa would appear to be an ideal fit, much more distance\range than NRF24L01 and as it operates in the 2.4Ghz band you can use it at high duty cycle. Data rates up to 200kbps.

There are two reasons I want to stay away from 2.4ghz.
I'm afraid it will cause too much noise in other 2.4ghz radios from my RC transmitter and receiver I'm using in the beginning just for reliable, easy control as for example a kill switch.
And as far as I've heard and from experience at 2.4ghz the signals have terrible Penetration power for buildings. That's why I want to use a lower frequency for a more reliable connect.
I'm aware I'm not able to go out of line of sight but I would rather still have control in that case to command it to a safe place rather than it going rouge or just having a kill switch that isn't safe if it's a drone and just falls out of the sky.

If I can get it to not interfere with other 2.4ghz signals and also if the lora module has decent penetration power then it would be great.

What about the SX1276? There isn't much information about its speed but I've seen something about 300kbps but I don't know if thats lora or FSK.
I don't have to use lora, I'm just most familiar with lora.