Best way to comunicate ESP8266 and Nano.

Hi all!,
I need to comunicate a NodemcuLolin V3 board with an Arduino Nano.

The Nodemcu board will send some 1 byte commands to the Nano, and the Nano will send 1 byte answers.

I have it working with Bluetooth modules, but I think it may be possible with nRF24L01+ modules.

The problem is I dont know what libs to use (if I use NR24-master it works on Nano, but not on Nodemcu)
Maybe I can use the wifi on the Nodemcu to comunicate with a nRF24L01 on the Nano... I need some help on how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

If the Nano and NodemcuLolin are not within cable length, where serial would be an option, another option would be to use another ESP8266 module physically connected to the Nano?

Nrf24 cannot communicate with WiFi. They use the same frequency band but are totally incompatible.

I advise replacing the Nano with a second esp module, it would be much simpler. What is the Nano used for in your project?

I'm not trying to comunicate Wifi with nFR24L01. What I'm trying is comunicate both boards with 1 nRFl2401 module on each board.

I tested using 2 Arduino nano's and all was Ok, but with Nodemcu+nRF24L01 and Nano+nRF24L01 I cant found the way its work.

Maybe I can use the wifi on the Nodemcu to comunicate with a nRF24L01 on the Nano...

I'm not trying to comunicate Wifi with nFR24L01.

Are you trying to waste our time?

I mean (if possible or not... I dont know), comunicate the Nodemcu using the wifi chip without wifi protocol, just via radio, with the Nano (the Nano has a nRF24L01).

The Nano will collect some data and send to the Nodemcu (1 byte long each data).

If you know some tuto or example about using Nodemcu with nRF24L01 (in Arduino IDE)... Or any other idea.

Why not get a dog and then do the barking yourself?

Thank you very much, PaulRB!!
Your answer are so... (helpfull?)

I have already managed to communicate the Esp8266 with the Nano through 2 modules nFr24L01.
In case anyone need help with that.

Pepeillo:
Thank you very much, PaulRB!!
Your answer are so... (helpfull?)
I'm nos usre if youare a bored man or simply your brain have a malfunction... maybe a hard reset?

Take the hint. Why buy an MCU with WiFi hardware and just ignore it exists...

Bought a car once so I could run to work instead.

I want to use it for price, memory, speed... for about 3€ is a bargain. I dont need Wifi, just comunicate with another board (BlueTooth or radio). Radio seems better for simplicity and less power needed.
I know my questions can be silly, but when one need help, sarcasm is the last thing needed.

I have a very big mess with many concepts about comunications. I'm reading a lot and seeing many tutos. Step by step I'll understand the thing.

And I have sense of humour, but sometimes there are answers that not worth the time wasted writing.

...and remember: Who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. Who does not ask is stupid for life

HINT : The ESP8266 will replace the Nano connected to a NRF24L01 and at a fraction of the cost. The ESP8266 is a WiFi module. Are you trying to get it to communicate with the NRF24L01 without WiFi? That would be like installing new window frames in your house without the glass.

Are you trying to communicate or send data over a great distance? If so, how far? What exactly are you trying to accomplish. "The BIG picture"! From start to finish.

Prerequisites:
1.-A hand gadget to take measures and show to the user. It will have:
-8 input keys
-2 I2C sensors
-1 SPI TFT
-Eeprom memory (16k is enough)
-A software "big" (more than 512k)

2.-A little gadget that can send/receive some data from main gadget, 1 byte long (3 bytes total with header/footer). It will have:
-3 elements activated (from main gadget) by digital pins, just on/off. No read needed.
-1 element activated (from main gadget) by digital pin and readings sending to main gadget.

Both gadgets are powered by batteries. The distance for communicate will be 15/30 feet max. The second gadget can be off most time, but when needed it must be ready fast (2 seconds, from power on, ready to comunicate with main).
Testing BlueTooth, the problem was sometimes modules take a long time to connect, but its works.
Testing Wifi has a big problem... I have not idea about wifi protocol, but I think I'll have same problems like BlueTooth.
Testing radio was Ok. Fast, simple and less power needed (mA).

Questions are:
1.- Can ESP8266 comunicate with nRF24L01?
2.-If "yes". Is there a tutorial?
3.-Is radio (using 2 nRF24L01) the fastest way to start a comunication between 2 gadgets?
4.-Can I use the Wifi chip from ESP8266 without wifi protocol (just radio, like the nRF2401)?
5.-Am I forced to use the Wifi only because the board has it?

I assume that some questions may not make sense to the experts, but my intention is to clarify my doubts, not to touch the balls to anyone.

Johnny010... "Bought a car once so I could run to work instead.", no man. What you are trying to say is You put the heating on your car on summer... just because the car has it. :slight_smile:

Pepeillo:
1.- Can ESP8266 communicate with nRF24L01?

PaulRB already answered that. In Reply #2!

Pepeillo:
Prerequisites:
-Eeprom memory (16k is enough)

ESP8266 max 2048 bytes; Arduino Uno max 1024 bytes iirc. No way you get 16k there. You can use SPIFFS on the ESP8266 to store data in a file.

-A software "big" (more than 512k)

No problem for the ESP8266 (make sure you have one of the 4 MB versions - NodeMCU should be using those).
No chance on Arduino (ATmega 328 as used on the Uno has 32 kB flash).

1.- Can ESP8266 comunicate with nRF24L01?
2.-If "yes". Is there a tutorial?

I don't see why it wouldn't be able to. Google has lots of info on this combo. There's little an Arduino can that a NodeMCU can not, especially when it comes to talking to external devices.

marine_hm:
PaulRB already answered that. In Reply #2!

I know reading comprehension can be tricky... but there's a difference between having a NodeMCU talk to a nRF24L01 module that's connected directly to it (which is what question #1 obviously refers to), and a NodeMCU communicate over 433 MHz with such a module.

You should have quoted question #4 from post #12. That's indeed impossible.