Best way to integrate Arduino to breadboard

Hello, I have an Arduino UNO 3. I am doing prototyping using a breadboard (10 columns without counting ground and power lines, 30 rows). The final circuit size may change. What is the best way to combine the breadboard and the UNO3 into one? The pins under the UNO3 are so short that I cannot plug it on the breadboard. Thanks.

dupont jumpers

A lot of people, including me, use these to connect Arduino to breadboards. There are also male to female that are good to connect modules with male headers to Arduino or breadboard.

Is there some kind of breadboard that could be used as a physical middle layer between an arduino and other shields?

Do you mean like a shield. Look for Arduino proto shields. Some are to solder parts onto and there are some with small solderless breadboards. I don't know if the solderless breadboard ones would fit in the middle unless you keep the parts low in profile.

groundfungus: Do you mean like a shield. Look for Arduino proto shields. Some are to solder parts onto and there are some with small solderless breadboards. I don't know if the solderless breadboard ones would fit in the middle unless you keep the parts low in profile.

I saw a prototyping shield from DFROBOT in a local store:

http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35&product_id=55#.VZt2Wbc2qDQ

As I am relatively new to Arduino, I cannot which prototyping shield is the best. Which one do experienced users recommend? I probably mainly use it with short jumper wires. Thanks

The "best" is largely a personal preference. I have only one shield, an Ethernet shield. The rest of my circuits are developed on solderless breadboards and soldered to perfboard to be more permanent. I prefer full size solderless breadboards as they have more room, have power buses and can interlock if more than one breadboard unit is required.

As you gain experience you will develop your own methods. Try different things and to find what works for you.

I think one of the Arduinos (a Nano ?) comes with pins that can insert directly into a breadboard ?

...R

Robin2...

Yep, a Nano typically comes with mail header pins soldered onto it. That's mostly what I use because it's really simple to plug it straight into the breadboard. Love those things!

bendynet: Yep, a Nano typically comes with mail header pins soldered onto it.

"male", I think. :)

...R

Thanks. Is the Nano and UNO3 fully compatible with each other?

Try the Pro Mini, which is about the size of the Nano but is more similar to the Uno.