I’ve understood that it will be better to power my Arduino Mini Pro using an external DCDC converter instead of connect it directly to the battery of my motorbike.
Well… what about the sub modules I’d like to attach to the Mini? My gadget require:
- BLE HM-10 Bluetooth module
- Catalex micro SD card reader
- RTC module to be able to get the correct date and time. Which small and simple module do you suggest to buy?
I think I have al least two possibility:
- power my Arduino from an external 7809 DCDC and then attach all the three mopdules to the 5V or 3.3V pin of the Arduino
- power all the modules and the Arduino from an external 7805 DCDC
Can you please help me? I’d like to do a smallest and simple gadget as possible without a rick to burn sumething considering also that I want to put all the HW in a very small plastic waterproof case.