BEST WAY TO POWER ELECTRONICS CIRCUIT

Hello All,

I am doing DIY project which requires the power supply of 5v 2a....i need the power supply for 24*7 ...( constant supply) ...in market there are battery charging circuits but it only charge the 5v 1a battery.. i am stuck here .. help me to get out of this ...give best suggestions..

I doubt that you will ever find something like that in one unit. You will have to combine a UPS with a 5V 2A adaptor. Or, you could keep a 12V lead acid battery on float charge, and use a switching regulator to bring the voltage down to 5V. That is more do it yourself, more stuff to build.

I have never seen anything to charge a 5V battery. I have never even seen a 5V battery.

When you say 5V 2A is that the current the circuit draws or is there some overhead? Also, is the current draw constant or variable? What is the input voltage and type (AC/DC)

5 V, 2 A supplies are as common as dirt, but you do have to be careful what you buy.

You probably need something like this which appears to be a durable unit:

aarg is however thinking by “24/7”, you mean an uninterruptible power supply or “UPS” to provide power even in the case of a power blackout, which is substantially more complex. Is that actually the case though?

We have equipment at work that uses PSU's like this that have been running 24/7 (barring the odd brownout) for about 14 years. After this they still work fine but powering off for a while so they cool down they never start up again but replacing a couple of small electrolytic caps fixes them (hopefully for another 14+ years).

Wouldn't a power supply that you can't leave on be kind of useless?

I was thinking of the sort of Chinese supply that should not be left on without continuous supervision in a fireproof enclosure. :astonished:

Paul__B: I was thinking of the sort of Chinese supply that should not be left on without continuous supervision in a fireproof enclosure. :astonished:

Oh, the little cube ones? Yeah, they get too warm for my liking.

is it possible to have 12v 5a charger,and battery is of 9v,5a then i will use dc-dc converter to get 5v 2a dc...to my circuit board....?can it will damage my ckt???thanks

5v 2A = 10W per hour, for 24 hours you need 240W battery talking about bettery you can get this one :

cost 60$ 12v 50A = 600w you can get a step down converter to 5v.

ofc you will need to charge the battery everyday

D.60

Domino60: 5v 2A = 10W per hour, for 24 hours you need 240W battery talking about bettery you can get this one :

Your units are bent.

Your units are bent.

what do u mean?