Bet way to control m49sp_2k motor

Hi all, i have a Mitsumi motor m49sp_2k and arduino mega, i would like to control the motor at 1 rpm. I have ULN 2803, 2003, arduino motor shiled and L293. What is the best controller for this motor?

Thank in advance..

none of those.

One like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/200976756349?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT may be overkill Control current and hold-force with switches. (see its datasheet)

and this http://www.ebay.com/itm/StepStick-A4988-stepper-driver-for-RAMPS-Pololu-sanguinololu-Reprap-3D-printer-/281537494090?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item418cf13c4a cheap, useful. current control via simple pot. (Easy to kill. ny students 'eats' them)

If i wnat use this motor with arduino motor shield or L293@12 VDC is not possible?

Post a link to the datasheet for your motor. Without that I have no idea what you need.

You may find someuseful stuff in stepper motor basics. An L293 is a very poor choice for driving a stepper motor.

The speed of a stepper is entirely governed by how fast (or slow) the step pulses are produced.

…R

Edit to add link - apologies for omission.

The motor is the same of my first post and i dont need of full tourqe. I want use Motor shiled v3, i uncutted Vin and i used Vin +Gnd screw connector but dosent work with stepper library.

#include <Stepper.h>

const int stepsPerRevolution = 48;  // change this to fit the number of steps per revolution
                          // for your motor

// initialize the stepper library on the motor shield
Stepper myStepper(stepsPerRevolution, 12,13);     

// give the motor control pins names:
const int pwmA = 3;
const int pwmB = 11;
const int brakeA = 9;
const int brakeB = 8;
const int dirA = 12;
const int dirB = 13;

int x = 0;
void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
// set the PWM and brake pins so that the direction pins  // can be used to control the motor:
pinMode(pwmA, OUTPUT);
pinMode(pwmB, OUTPUT);
pinMode(brakeA, OUTPUT);
pinMode(brakeB, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(pwmA, HIGH);
digitalWrite(pwmB, HIGH);
digitalWrite(brakeA, LOW);
digitalWrite(brakeB, LOW);

// initialize the serial port:
Serial.begin(9600);
// set the motor speed (for multiple steps only):
myStepper.setSpeed(2);
}

void loop() {

myStepper.step(48);
  myStepper.step(-48);

delay(2000);

}

loopin3:
If i wnat use this motor with arduino motor shield or L293@12 VDC is not possible?

Its a low impedance bipolar stepper motor, you use a chopper driver like the A4988 to drive
it since it needs current control.

It is not voltage controlled like a DC motor.

I forgot to to put the link to stepper motor basics in Reply #3 - apologies.

I have now corrected it.

...R