Better components, stronger build

I've been trying to make a little action figure fighting project, and for the most part have it working, but it's just getting it to be more rigid, or a different design might help.

The issue i have right now is its rather wobbly and the motor and stand the figure is on, is not really all that solid.

I was hoping someone could give me a better idea of how to build better what I've made or guidance.

I was hoping someone could give me a better idea of how to build better what I've made

Without seeing anything?

I'll get back to you when I get my crystal ball fixed, since I dropped because I was laughing so hard at the last person that asked for help sight unseen. It's suppose to be fixed by the 12th of Never.

It's suppose to be fixed by the 12th of Never.

How do you get such fast service?

I added the code for the image, not sure why it didnt come through.

I added that in the img tags...

groundFungus:
How do you get such fast service?

Bribery.

Your search - 20190527 201934 - ImgShare.io - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure that all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.

joeafox:
I added the code for the image, not sure why it didnt come through.

Because you didn't add it correctly. I guess you made the mistake of including a link to the page that contains that image. What you need to do is to provide the url to the actual image. That is why if you could have been bothered to read the How to use this forum sticky post it tells you about attachments. You attach an image file to your post. Then copy the link to the file and modify your post pasting the image's link into the image tabs.

I used the "url" the site gave me, but still didnt show.
I went ahead and attached it to the main post :slight_smile: thx

It would be better if you were to run the far end of that long arm on a rod and circular bearings and not expect a simple friction to guide it. Also the mechanical structure needs to be made of something ridged.

I would look at 3D printer platforms like the Rep Rap project to get an idea of the sort of construction you can use to get an X-Y gantry to give solid results.

I used the "url" the site gave me,

The site lies, it gives a url to a page that holds your image, so that it has a chance of infecting your computer with tracking cookies. It is not a url to the image itself.

joeafox:
The issue i have right now is its rather wobbly and the motor and stand the figure is on, is not really all that solid.

Duct tape.

Grumpy_Mike:
It would be better if you were to run the far end of that long arm on a rod and circular bearings and not expect a simple friction to guide it. Also the mechanical structure needs to be made of something ridged.

I would look at 3D printer platforms like the Rep Rap project to get an idea of the sort of construction you can use to get an X-Y gantry to give solid results.
The site lies, it gives a url to a page that holds your image, so that it has a chance of infecting your computer with tracking cookies. It is not a url to the image itself.

Thank you, it's my 1st build and all this input helps a great ton.

Does anyone know of an xy table that has maybe 200mm of travel, but not huge? I dont need it to move much weight, other then a nema 12 pancake motor.

How about the table from a 3D printer? Mine has 220x220mm travel.
https://reprap.org/wiki/Migbot_Prusa_i3

You can find similar ones here

You don't need the Z (up/down) control, but you do need the up/down to move the X-axis back and forth while the table moves in and out for the Y-axis.

I'm sure you can find just parts too if you hunt around.

CrossRoads:
How about the table from a 3D printer? Mine has 220x220mm travel.
Migbot Prusa i3 - RepRap

You can find similar ones here
Buy Tronxy P802E Reprap 3D Printer DIY Kit | 3D Printers Online Store

You don't need the Z (up/down) control, but you do need the up/down to move the X-axis back and forth while the table moves in and out for the Y-axis.

I'm sure you can find just parts too if you hunt around.

I do see a lot of these cnc machines I just think inhave to modify it to much, but you gave great examples. I really want a xy table, but most I see are large.

You need to look at better fixings .
Have a look at using metal fixings - you might be able to adapt say Meccano fixings , or even use thin plywood and nuts and bolts .
Have a look around the internet to see what others are doing to gain inspiration and gain some mechanical skills.