Better Understanding Help

I recently got my Arduino Uno board and have been learning with the Getting Started with Arduino book makeshed and im on lesson 2 where you learn how to hook up a push button to an LED light to turn it on and off and i was wondering this.Why are the placements of the jumper wire and Ohm resistors placed where they are.The answer may lie ahead in the book but if anyone can help me understand better please write below.

there is no answer.

you can put a resistor befoore the LED or put the LED first. users choice.

there are often multiple ways to make a thing work.

if you put the resistor first, then the voltage between the LED will below. if you put the LED first, the voltage will be high.

in some cases, the first part of a circuit is laid out in a way that the next part builds on it. accept that the writer chose that. and behappy that you can recognize there are other ways to do the same thing.

They are placed like to make the circuit you want. As already stated there are many ways to physically place the wires to get the circuit you want.

Why this is the circuit you want is described here, at least the input part is:- http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Tutorial/Inputs.html

dave-in-nj: there is no answer.

you can put a resistor befoore the LED or put the LED first. users choice.

there are often multiple ways to make a thing work.

if you put the resistor first, then the voltage between the LED will below. if you put the LED first, the voltage will be high.

in some cases, the first part of a circuit is laid out in a way that the next part builds on it. accept that the writer chose that. and behappy that you can recognize there are other ways to do the same thing.

Not sure what you mean by the highlighted line but the resistor in the line makes a voltage drop regardless of "being in front" of the led or not. Same results, just a different order in step by step analysis that properly done doesn't give different answers either way.

I can tell you this and I am not an electronics engineer by any stretch.