Bike theft deterrent

I'm trying to make remote trigger for a stun gun switch. Switch would be normally open and closed when activated and should only be closed while pushing button on remote, not just off & on...only on when remote is pushed and off when released single pole ,single throw .Anybody know what board to start with?Anybody got any ideas?

For a board, how about a mortuary slab? The thief's buddies will wait for you to come back and collect the bike.

The bike thieves here have a new method.
You chain your bike up and leave it. They come along and add their own chain, so when you come back to your bike and unlock it, it's still chained and you cannot remove it. When you've given up and gone away to get a pair of bolt cutters to release their chain, they come back and undo their chain and ride off on your bike.

Happened to my son, but I got there with a hacksaw before they could come back to steal the bike.

Henry_Best:
The bike thieves here have a new method.
You chain your bike up and leave it. They come along and add their own chain, so when you come back to your bike and unlock it, it’s still chained and you cannot remove it. When you’ve given up and gone away to get a pair of bolt cutters to release their chain, they come back and undo their chain and ride off on your bike.

Happened to my son, but I got there with a hacksaw before they could come back to steal the bike.

Easy way around that - leave your chain on the bike until you return with the bolt cutters to remove their’s.

OldSteve:
Easy way around that - leave your chain on the bike until you return with the bolt cutters to remove theirs.

Sounds like a battle of (half) wits.

Paul__B:
Sounds like a battle of (half) wits.

Why do you feel such a need to put others down Paul?

Who exactly was I putting down?

OldSteve:
Easy way around that - leave your chain on the bike until you return with the bolt cutters to remove their's.

That's how they do it.

Most honest owners , it would not occur to them first time.

Lots of scams on the internet, until they are exposed many fall for it.

Thieves are crafty , cunning and plain lazy.
Probably unemployed and can lurk and observe for victims.

Boardburner2:
That's how they do it.
Most honest owners , it would not occur to them first time.

But I'll bet it does by the second time. :slight_smile:

Lots of scams on the internet, until they are exposed many fall for it.
Thieves are crafty , cunning and plain lazy.
Probably unemployed and can lurk and observe for victims.

Yeah. Not good. I'd never heard of this approach before.

Need HELP in making stun gun controlled by remote . Anybody know where to start?

How about waiting more than 6 minutes for a response before starting a second post? While you are waiting for a response maybe read some of the guidelines around posting and how to ask a question?

Guys like you give all of us new members a bad name.

Steve61:
Need HELP in making stun gun controlled by remote . Anybody know where to start?

Make a manual one first before you try to remote control it.

High voltage devices can easily destroy low voltage control circuits.

Then take it to your nearest police station for advice and ask how remote control devices are made from everyday objects..

Steve61:

Start with a lawyer so you will understand what you are getting yourself into.

Start off by reading this:-
Entrapment
Next note that it is refers so some one in power like police. Next consider if you want to be sued or prosecuted. Finally fix your attitude.

Do not cross-post. Threads merged.

Slightly on topic.

About 30 years ago i was in Henries and overheard a conversation with a Kuwai gent.

H . How can i help you sir.

K . Do you have a camera mount i can use to attach this with, FX pulls out a crossbow.
(It was a picture actually , but the story tells better)

Short conversation.

H is this for a golden shot game ?

K. No its for my doorbell.

Long pause.

H. Do you realise that,s illegal.

K. Not in my country.

I left, Flabbergasted , and found several customers outside ******* themselves.