bio-transistor, the quest for the ultimate interface??

Came across this article, http://www.washington.edu/news/articles/proton-based-transistor-could-let-machines-communicate-with-living-things

For those that are out of ideas what to do with their Arduino ;)

I can imagine the questions of the forum in the category "Mindmelt", - "Hi Forum, I'm a noob in biotronics but I have this final year project. When I think yes the Arduino says No. What is wrong? - "I bought the mind-shield at sparkfun last week, and I connected it to my dog as shown on the playground, but sometimes my Arduino reboots and my dog gets confused, can anybody see the error in my sketch" - ....

What would be your apps?

More seriously: as every technique it opens a lot of possibilities, good - enable the disabled - and bad - disable the enabled -

Interesting, very interesting robtillart. I am suprise they do that kind of research & development in Canada ( University of Waterloo --> 1 hour drive west of Toronto ). That will help developed new artificial arm, legs, may be eyes or ear. With this kind of research, I am thinking "Borg" or "The Matrix".

I am thinking "Borg"

Definitely, question is which side is the master and which the slave ... recall technical and ethical do rhyme and are almost anagrams (subset anagrams?)

Bio-Noob questions:

"I did the 'blink without delay' example, but how do I make both of the eyes blink at the same time?" "Do I have to use a 'for loop' to make it keep breathing?" "Like, I can't get the predator avoidance program to work with the garden monitoring groundhog shield. I think the groundhog has a virus?" "I'm doing the chicken-maid project but I think one of its legs is longer than the other and it keeps walking in a circle. Help plz!!" "Squirrel question- in sleep mode or dead?"

Bio-Noob questions: [/qoute] fun ;)

"I did the 'blink without delay' example, but how do I make both of the eyes blink at the same time?"

You can compensate the fastest biotransistor with a axon-delay component, so the signals arrive at the same time. You have to make a behaviour analysis of the biotransistors to determine the optimal delay value. Optionaly you can put multiple of them in serie.

"Do I have to use a 'for loop' to make it keep breathing?"

Not necessay, you better use the Timer1 interrupt, see the article on the playground ...

"Like, I can't get the predator avoidance program to work with the garden monitoring groundhog shield. I think the groundhog has a virus?"

Could be many causes, please post your code and the datasheet of the predator-sensor used. (some things never change :)

"I'm doing the chicken-maid project but I think one of its legs is longer than the other and it keeps walking in a circle. Help plz!!"

Think you need the leg-rotation module from biobots.com but you better post this question in the "Motors, Mechanics, and Power" section, there are the experts.

"Squirrel question- in sleep mode or dead?"

Google for the nuts test :)