Biometric Sensor Fingerprint Scanner - 5V TTL INFORMATION

I thought That sensor https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11651? will be work for my Final Project of college but it does not answer. Im trying find a solution, if I find them notice.

PROBLEM: "Well, I'm trying to get it to work communicationg with an arduino (ARDUINO MEGA 2560) serial port, which also uses TTL level, by sending the packet structure that the datasheet has, and I tried in both 9600 and 115200 baud rate (the datasheet says default is 9600, but sparkfun's video in youtube says is 115200). any idea how I could get it working, or what I might be doing wrong?"

I bought this cable https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10359 with the same seller of my sensor, I didnt know that I needed to buy it.

That's the datasheet http://dlnmh9ip6v2uc.cloudfront.net/datasheets/Sensors/Biometric/GT-511C2-V1.5.pdf it's a chinese device so I dont have much information about it.

Anyone know anything more about this sensor or someone worked with this?

Please HELP!!

Hi Guys!

I found this code (WORK) about this sensor… I’ll put it here as aid:

//Fingerprint Scanner TTL demo code to show how to cmdOpen and show device id and serial number
// Note: all multi byte data is little endian!
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial Scanner(11, 12); // RX as pin 11

int f;
byte ResponseData[38];

void setup()
{
Scanner.begin(9600);
Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
// cmdOpen with response data packet
Scanner.write((byte)0x55);
Scanner.write((byte)0xAA);
Scanner.write((byte)0x01);
Scanner.write((byte)0x00);
Scanner.write((byte)0x02); // pre-calculated checksum
delay(100);

if (Scanner.available() > 0 )
{

for (f = 0; f < 38; f++)
{
ResponseData[f] = Scanner.read(),HEX;
}
}

Serial.print("FirmwareVersion: ");
for (f = 16; f < 20; f++)
{
Serial.print(ResponseData[f],HEX); //FirmwareVersion
}
Serial.println();
Serial.print("DeviceSerialNumber: ");
for (f = 20; f < 36; f++)
{
Serial.print(ResponseData[f],HEX); //SerialNumber
}

while(1){}

}

Hi All,

Im trying to capture of fingerprint image with the command CaptureFinger but this command return me a Non-ack exctaly the nack parameter that mean NACK_DEV_ERR Value: 0x100F, in th description of the parameter say: "Device Error, especially if Crypto-Chip is trouble".

What I can do?

What means this?

Help somebody!!!

Fany

Fany_CA: Hi All,

Im trying to capture of fingerprint image with the command CaptureFinger but this command return me a Non-ack exctaly the nack parameter that mean NACK_DEV_ERR Value: 0x100F, in th description of the parameter say: "Device Error, especially if Crypto-Chip is trouble".

What I can do?

What means this?

Help somebody!!!

Fany

hello. I also bought this scanner. noticed that when working it hot. Is this normal?

Hey, have you solved this issue? I'm getting the same error and don't know why. Can't figure what does it mean or anything.

Hope you solved it and could help me!