Biped robot that will find in house using a inbuilt "map" or something

I will create a biped robot soon, i will add speech recognition and stuff to it. I want it to find in my house. Is it possible to create like a map or something where i mark the places in the house with numbers or something and then make the arduino robot read it, so ex. when i say: "Go to your room" (the arduinos room = my room) it will go to it's room (my room) automaticly.

UPDATE: Is there a gps module or something that i can modify like i want so my robot can find in my house? So i can mark where it can go and where the rooms are and so i can program it to go to ex. my room when i say so, and it will find to my room.

It's a microcontroller - how do you propose reading the numbers?

TutorialNom: I will create a biped robot soon, i will add speech recognition

Come back to the Forum with your question when the robot and the speech recognition is working.

...R

A robot that would find things would certainly be handy! I'm forever putting something down and then have to spend spend ten minutes looking for it. Maybe it could just follow me around and keep an eye on whatever I happen to lay down.

Is there a gps module or something that i can modify like i want so my robot can find in my house

Does your house have a roof? Is your house single storey? Is your house very big?

AWOL:

Is there a gps module or something that i can modify like i want so my robot can find in my house

Does your house have a roof? Is your house single storey? Is your house very big?

Yes my house have a roof. No it has two storeys, but it will program the robot to automaticly walk in stairs. My house is not very big but it's bigger than a "normal house". It has around 12 rooms, some big and some small.

Yes my house have a roof. No it has two storeys, but it will program the robot to automaticly walk in stairs. My house is not very big but it's bigger than a "normal house". It has around 12 rooms, some big and some small.

Does your GPS work in the house? Most (99.9%+) do not.

PaulS:

Does your GPS work in the house? Most (99.9%+) do not.

I don't have one. Is there GPSes like that?

Is there GPSes like that?

That work indoors? No. The S stands for satellites, so, unless you have an enormous house, getting satellites in geosynchronous orbit in your house is going to be a real problem.

getting satellites in geosynchronous orbit in your house is going to be a real problem.

It doesn't have to be that big - GPS craft are in much lower orbits than that.

PaulS:

Is there GPSes like that?

That work indoors? No. The S stands for satellites, so, unless you have an enormous house, getting satellites in geosynchronous orbit in your house is going to be a real problem.

I just want it to work, is it possible to make a map or something with lines that it will follow, and with the rooms and stuff market, and when it moves, it shows on the map that it moved. So the robot knows where it is in the house.

is it possible to make a map or something with lines that it will follow, and with the rooms and stuff market, and when it moves, it shows on the map that it moved. So the robot knows where it is in the house.

Yes, it is possible. Not easy, and I doubt that you have the skills needed, but it is possible.

However, I think that is the least of your problems.

Can we offer some helpful advise here?

The project you have selected is extremely complex. Break the problem down into smaller steps and as you get each one to work, then add another. Some of the chunks are (in no particular order): walking robot stair climbing voice recognition visual navigation (or radio beacon, or GPS, or ultrasonic beacon, or some combination) detection of obstacles (people, animals, movable objects) power management

Pick the piece that interests you most to work on first. Each piece is hard enough to keep you busy for a long time.

MrsCrossRoads: Can we offer some helpful advise here?

The project you have selected is extremely complex. Break the problem down into smaller steps and as you get each one to work, then add another. Some of the chunks are (in no particular order): walking robot stair climbing voice recognition visual navigation (or radio beacon, or GPS, or ultrasonic beacon, or some combination) detection of obstacles (people, animals, movable objects) power management

Pick the piece that interests you most to work on first. Each piece is hard enough to keep you busy for a long time.

Oh good idea! :D ah so you can say visual navigation?

TutorialNom:

MrsCrossRoads: Can we offer some helpful advise here?

Oh good idea! :D ah so you can say visual navigation?

I googled for "Arduino visual navigation" and found a very helpful instructables post! (i think it will work) here it is: http://www.instructables.com/id/Autonomous-Autonavigation-Robot-Arduino/

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much - many Instructables are pretty dire.

We are using the Arduino Uno programming language. It is based off of Java.

See?