Bit-bang SPI... kind of works?

I’m working on creating a bit-banged SPI implementation on an Arduino Pro Mini 3.3V 8MHz. I must dedicate the hardware SPI bus to another device, but want to communicate with another SPI sensor (Analog Devices ADIS16367 IMU).

It uses SPI Mode 3 (clock polarity = 1, clock phase = 1) and I created the simple code below. When I want to read a register, it returns some value, but it is not correct.

When I want to read something such as the Product ID, I always receive the same value, as I should, but it is not the correct value.

When I want to read something such as an accelerometer, I always receive fluctuating values, as I should because of the signal noise, but it is also not a correct value.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks!

//Sends a read command to the ADIS16367:
int readRegisterInt(byte thisRegister ) {
  int result = 0;   // result to return
  // ADIS16367 expects the register address in the lower 7 bits
  // now combine the register address and the command into one byte:
  int dataToSend = ((int)thisRegister<<8)&0xFF00;
  while(digitalRead(dataReadyPin)); //Wait if the pin is low
  // send the device the register you want to read:  
  spiIntTransfer(dataToSend);
  result = spiIntTransfer(0x0000);
  // return the result:
  return(result);
}

int spiIntTransfer(int data) {
  // SCK begins high
  for(byte bit=0 ; bit<16 ; bit++) {
    digitalWrite(sclkPin,LOW); // SCK fall low
    digitalWrite(mosiPin, (data>>15) & 0x0001); // Write data to MOSI pin
    data = data << 1;
    digitalWrite(sclkPin,HIGH); // SCK rise high
//    data |= digitalRead(misoPin); // read data from MISO pin
//    Serial.print(bitRead(PIND,5),BIN);
    data |= bitRead(PIND,misoPin); // read data from MISO pin
  }
  return(data);
}

You can use SPI to communicate with more than one device. Just tie the SCK, MISO and MISO lines together (for each slave) and have a separate SS (slave select) line for each slave. Thus you only need one extra pin on top of the four you are currently using for your other SPI device. Then to communicate with one slave you pull SS low for that one, communicate with it, and then pull it high again, and then pull SS low for the other slave (and high again afterwards).