Bit key door lock

Hello I want to create a RFID door lock for a room in my house and faced a problem, which is that I can't find any way to lock the door with a servo or a motor. The key kind of stands out the lock. Did any of you already see some project online or can make any suggestions? I do have access to a 3D printer so I also could 3d print certain parts. I hope someone can help. Thank you

What is a "bit key"?

Perhaps a photo would help.

Why can't you turn the lock with a servo?

If you do make an automated lock how will you open it when the automation fails (as it will).

...R

The key looks something like this and the key stands out about 4 cm.
I can turn it with a servo but I need something to hold the servo…

That's called a mortice key, as the lock sits in a mortice (slot) in the door.

Perhaps a new escutcheon plate to mount the servo on?

MarkT: That's called a mortice key, as the lock sits in a mortice (slot) in the door.

Perhaps a new escutcheon plate to mount the servo on?

Well the problem is that it is not my house and I think I am not allowed to modify/change this. So I was thinking of some kind of 3D printed object to hold the servo or motor

Crix: Well the problem is that it is not my house and I think I am not allowed to modify/change this. So I was thinking of some kind of 3D printed object to hold the servo or motor

Could you mount a piece of aluminium or brass strip or sheet under the escutcheon and bend it over to make fixture for the servo without damaging the escutcheon. Many model shops and model engineering suppliers will have suitable material.

...R

If there's not a terrible lot of force involved maybe some heavy duty command strips could work to affix the mechanism to the door.