BLE sending serial data to computer

I am currently working on a project taking analog data from sensor inputs, passing them into an Arduino Uno, and then sending them over bluetooth. I achieved this with a bluetooth 2.1 module and have no problems pairing and getting the data sent to the computer to the dongle. I purchased a bluetooth 4.0 module, and this BLE module. I have the module soldered up and have no problems getting the module paired (according to the computer and the status LED on the module). However, when I open the terminal program to see data coming into the computer there is no data being displayed. I’ve put my code below and thinking I may need to implement some kind of BLE header that I was reading about online. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you very much.

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

int counter = 0;

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
counter = counter + 1;
Serial.println(“Seconds have passed”);
Serial.println(counter);

delay(1000);
}

I purchased a bluetooth 4.0 module, and this BLE module.

How is the module connected to the Arduino?

Why are you including SoftwareSerial when you don't use it? I see you didn't include LiquidCrystal, even though you don't use it. Why not?

Interesting note:

It’s also worth noting that BLE does not support a Serial Port Protocol as older versions of Bluetooth did; that makes interoperability between BLE dongles, devices, and modules harder than with Bluetooth Classic.

Another interesting note:

The BC118 realizes a custom BLE profile, so you’ll have to take that into account when developing an app for it. It also means you won’t be able to easily connect it to any other BLE modules other than another BC118.

And another one.

This makes programmatically detecting a successful connection difficult, as the acknowledgment of the connection is buried in a stream of detected devices. The BLE Mate 2 library takes care of that for you.

I see that you aren't using the BLE Mate 2 library.

Methinks YOU need to spend more time at the Sparkfun site.

How is the module connected to the Arduino?

Why are you including SoftwareSerial when you don’t use it? I see you didn’t include LiquidCrystal, even though you don’t use it. Why not?

I guess I didn’t specify this but I have the TX, RX, VCC, and GND pins soldered on the BLE module. These are connected to the RX, TX, 5V, and GND pins respectively on the Arduino. Then this transmitts to my computer which has a Bluetooth 4.0. I dont need LiquidCrystal because I am not displaying to an LCD, just reading the data in TeraTerm for now. The softwareSerial got pulled in from another script that I was using as an outline.

It’s also worth noting that BLE does not support a Serial Port Protocol as older versions of Bluetooth did; that makes interoperability between BLE dongles, devices, and modules harder than with Bluetooth Classic.

I guess this answers my question.