Blink example is taking forever to run

Hello Everyone! I am using Arduino for the first time. I connected arduino card to my laptop (Windows 7) through USB port and the driver got automatically installed. Now I am trying to upload the blink example and it has been an hour and it has not been uploaded. Its not even giving me any errors. Its just trying to upload. Can anyone please tell me what is wrong? Thank you.

Which Os your using. and which version of IDE your using.

Check on device manage when you connected properly port being detected or not. also check in IDE you being selected proper port & proper Board.

Also share some Snapshot of device manager

Thank you AMPS-N for your reply.
I am using windows 7 and Arduino 1.0.5-r2. I have double checked the USB port and its the correct one. My only problem is I dont know exactly what board it is since we bought this robot from some vendor. I tried to check the name on the board but its not there. Anyways regardless of what board I choose the environment starts uploading the sketch and keeps on uploading for hours without giving any error. Also the LED on the card starts blinking when the environment is trying to upload the sketch regardless of the board I choose. Thats why I am not able to figure out what the problem is. Can you please suggest any ideas to solve the problem?
I am attaching the device manager snapshot.
Thanks again.

My only problem is I dont know exactly what board it is since we bought this robot from some vendor. I tried to check the name on the board but its not there. Anyways regardless of what board I choose the environment starts uploading the sketch and keeps on uploading for hours without giving any error

First try to find out board you have purchased. Like shown in picture below pitcture . if you select proper board show like below