BLINK- HELP ASSSSAPPPP!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I was trying to perform the Digital Example- BLINK. Whenever I connect it correctly on the breadboard, the LED is not blinking. Also, the L- on the UNO, also stops blinking.

PLSSS HELP!!!

Do you have a current limiting resistor on your breadboard LED?

Post a photo of your wiring. Post the code that you are using.

Read the how to use this forum-please read sticky to see how to properly post code and some advice on how to ask an effective question. Remove useless white space and format the code with the IDE autoformat tool (crtl-t or Tools, Auto Format) before posting code.

HEY!!!

So, this is an image of the wiring, and as u can see the L on the UNO is blinking…

Your other wire is not connected to anything !! Connect it to 0v
Leds are polarity sensitive , so you may have to turn it around.
Power your Arduino from the usb and don’t connect anything else.

You need to edit the sketch so that the digital
Pin the led is connect to is selected. Look at this :

So, I have connected the LED to GND and 13.

I even reversed the LED to check polarity. No change.

Also, pls do tell me, as to why the L- sign stops blinking the moment I connect it properly!!!

Pls refer to this image!!

If you connect the led to the 5v pin instead of d13 does it light ? Maybe a dud led and you are therefore shorting the pin down .

Yes!!!

It did light up!!!!

Thank u soooo much!!!

Could u pls explain what the condition was, which resulted in this shortage??

How do I prevent it the next time?

hammy:
If you connect the led to the 5v pin instead of d13 does it light ? Maybe a dud led and you are therefore shorting the pin down .

There would still be what looks like a 220 ohm resistor, so the current would be limited to about 23mA.
Only thing I can think of is the output to D13 has been damaged, so that it has enough output to drive the buffer for the onboard LED, but when connected to any type of load it is incapable of outputting a HIGH level.

Since connecting the LED to +5 volts seems to be working, its possible the pull-up portion of the output is damaged, but it is still capable of the pull-down to ground.

How to post images so we don't have to download them.

You can identify the polarity of the LED by looking at the bottom of the LED "bulb". There is usually a rim around the bottom with a flat spot above the negative (cathode) lead. Also, on a new LED, one leg (lead) is longer than the other. That is the positive (anode) side.

Try a different pin. Here is Blink code for pin 12.

const byte ledPin = 12;

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() {
  // initialize digital pin LED_BUILTIN as an output.
  pinMode(ledPin, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(ledPin, HIGH);   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  delay(1000);                       // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(ledPin, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
  delay(1000);                       // wait for a second
}

Okay.., so will it ever be fixed?

Ashna123:
will it ever be fixed?

Will what ever be fixed?

You can fix it by replacing the atmega328 chip on your Uno. You must buy a replacement which already has the Uno bootloader burned into it.

Thank u for that!

PaulRB:
You can fix it by replacing the atmega328 chip on your Uno. You must buy a replacement which already has the Uno bootloader burned into it.

I am getting this error message, when I tried the pin 12 CODE!!

What does it mean??

Arduino: 1.8.10 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 924 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM4": The system cannot find the file specified.

groundFungus:

How to post images so we don't have to download them.

You can identify the polarity of the LED by looking at the bottom of the LED "bulb". There is usually a rim around the bottom with a flat spot above the negative (cathode) lead. Also, on a new LED, one leg (lead) is longer than the other. That is the positive (anode) side.

Try a different pin. Here is Blink code for pin 12.

const byte ledPin = 12;

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() {
  // initialize digital pin LED_BUILTIN as an output.
  pinMode(ledPin, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(ledPin, HIGH);  // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  delay(1000);                      // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(ledPin, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
  delay(1000);                      // wait for a second
}

What com port is selected in Tools, Boards, Port? The code does not choose a port so it has nothing to do with the posted code. It has to do with the serial port that your Uno is connected to.

groundFungus:
What com port is selected in Tools, Boards, Port? The code does not choose a port so it has nothing to do with the posted code. It has to do with the serial port that your Uno is connected to.

OH!!!

Alright!!

Thank u too much!!