Blinken Lights!

Ok I started learning Arduino in the hopes of reading an input from a sensor and generating an output.

The more I look into that aspect I see that will be "easy" to do... As I gain experience.

Well I was sitting here tonight I ran through the Arduino Basics/Getting Started book and made about a dozen blinken-light projects.

WEEEEE!!! :grin:

Anyway, I would like to explore this aspect of Arduino further, Where can I find more amusing light projects.

At this point I have 30 LEDs of various size and colors, jumpers, two UNOs and a Shield. Hooking stuff up is easy... Coding is my weakness.

Point me in the right direction!

Grind_Bastard: Ok I started learning Arduino in the hopes of reading an input from a sensor and generating an output.

The more I look into that aspect I see that will be "easy" to do... As I gain experience.

Well I was sitting here tonight I ran through the Arduino Basics/Getting Started book and made about a dozen blinken-light projects.

WEEEEE!!! :grin:

Anyway, I would like to explore this aspect of Arduino further, Where can I find more amusing light projects.

At this point I have 30 LEDs of various size and colors, jumpers, two UNOs and a Shield. Hooking stuff up is easy... Coding is my weakness.

Point me in the right direction!

Next step is a Led matrix :).. You can easily make one with let us say 25 Leds (5x5 matrix), 16 Leds (4x4 matrix) or 9 Leds (3x3 matrix). To begin with you can start by driving them directly with the arduino (follow this guide http://arduino.cc/playground/Main/DirectDriveLEDMatrix). Next is trying to optimize the code and maybe switch to shift registers.

If you think that this is still a bit hard then try making some fading Leds or leds that alternate in brightness depending on let us say serial input???