Bluegiga WT11 and Arduino duemilanove

Hi to all.

I’ve just bought two wt11 bluetooth modules and I’d like to use them with my two arduino boards in order to send and receive data.

At the moment, I’m trying to work with just one module and I’m not able to let it work properly.

This is the PINs configuration on wt11:

and this is the datasheet: http://techforum.bluegiga.com/protectedstore/29142/7643/127/bluegiga_769/27de3b7163f18d5baa697fbadb5bf2f1/WT11_datasheet.pdf

I did this connections:

wt11 GND (pin 1, 15, 16, 28) → Arduino GND
wt11 VDD (pin 2, 16) → Arduino 3,3V
wt11 RXD (pin 0) → TX Arduino
wt11 TXD (pin 1) → RX ARduino
wt11 RES → 11 pin on Arduino

but I’m not able to get it working.
I think that just with these connections I should be able to find its presence on my pc with bluetooth discovery, but it finds nothing. Moreover, if I use Serial Monitor and I try to send AT command it doesn’t answer me.

May be I’m doing some mistake… can you help me, please?

I’m using this code:

#include <NewSoftSerial.h>
NewSoftSerial mySerial(0, 1);

int resetpin = 11;

unsigned long now;

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(115200);
Serial.println(“Goodnight moon!”);

// set the data rate for the NewSoftSerial port
mySerial.begin(115200);

pinMode(resetpin, OUTPUT);

digitalWrite(resetpin, LOW);
delay(200);
digitalWrite(resetpin, HIGH);
delay(200);
digitalWrite(resetpin, LOW);
delay(200);

now = millis();
}

void loop() // run over and over again
{

if (mySerial.available()) {
Serial.print((char)mySerial.read());
}

mySerial.println(“SET BT NAME PROVA”);

// if (Serial.available()) {
// mySerial.print((char)Serial.read());
// }

if (millis() - now > 10000){
mySerial.println(“INQUIRY 6”);
}
}

but i think that i should have to detect this module even if there is no code loaded in arduino. :frowning:

NewSoftSerial mySerial(0, 1);

Serial.begin(115200);
 mySerial.begin(115200);

You can't do hardware serial and software serial on the same set of pins.

Yep, I know..

I changed it with:

NewSoftSerial mySerial(2, 3);

but I'm having the same problem: it is not possible to detect the wt11 from another BT master device (ie, my pc) and I can't read or send commands to the wt11 by using the serial monitor.

The problem is this: if I do this connections:

wt11 GND (pin 1, 14, 15, 28) to arduino GND
wt11 VDD (pin 2, 16) to 3,3V arduino

I think i should be able to detect it by another BT master device but at this moment I can't and I don't know the reason.

May be I did a mistake with the connections?

May be I did a mistake with the connections?

I found this:
http://www.bluegiga.com/how_to_integrate_a_bluetooth_module

1. What if problems occur in development - technical support and design validation
    If you are at any point of development process in doubt about software or hardware related topics please do not hesitate to contact our technical support team at support@bluegiga.com. There is a highly trained team of engineers ready to answer your questions regarding any topic related to our products.

I guess I know what I would be doing.

I've already contacted them but I receveid no answer.

I hope you can help me..

You may try to check How to Control Arduino by Bluetooth From (PC, Pocket PC PDA) : 6 Steps - Instructables for a tutorial on connecting Arduino with a similar bluetooth module.

This is very interesting!

However, I've realized that my wt11 module has no firmware so it can't do the bootstrap.
I've connected the wt41 module on arduino and it worked without problems. I'm able to find it with a BT master device, but when I try to communicate with it by using arduino, I receive garbage.