BlueSmirf Help

Hey everyone. I’m having some issues getting my BlueSmirf to USB dongle working properly.

Basically I’m trying to take pressure sensor data from a pressure transducer and send the values via bluetooth to the pc. Trouble is I can’t see the values when I look through the Serial monitor under the bluetooth associated COM port.

I know the circuit is working. When I look to the USB associated COM port, I can see those values in the serial monitor.

I also know that the BlueSmirf has been detected/paired via BlueSoleil. The light for a connection is bright green on my BlueSmirf.

I also know that I’m looking at the right COM port for the bluetooth.

Here is simplified version of the code I’m trying to make happen.

void setup(){ 

Serial begin(9600);
}

void loop(){
x = analogRead(0);
Serial.print(x);
}

Any help would be appreciated.

I also know that the BlueSmirf has been detected/paired via BlueSoleil.

I don't think I've seen anyone mention, on this forum, anything good about BlueSoliel.

I don't think I've seen anyone mention, on this forum, anything good about BlueSoliel.

Yeah. I've been running into smack against bluesoleil... and I'm willing to try another dongle, but I just didn't want to waste time buying a new one only to find the same problem with another one.

Do you know if theres anything else I'm supposed to do to transmit the signal through the bluetooth COM port?

Do you know if theres anything else I'm supposed to do to transmit the signal through the bluetooth COM port?

The code you posted should work, except that it will flood the serial port with data. A small delay would be useful.

The code you posted should work, except that it will flood the serial port with data. A small delay would be useful.

Thanks, and there is a delay in the full program. I went ahead and bought a new dongle to try... Hope this will fix it.