BlueSMiRF > Programmer is not responding

I am trying to connect Duemilanove with BlueSMiRF gold to get basic blinking sketch to run wirelessly, but I keep getting "programmer is not responding" error.

BlueSMiRF has been paired and connected with my MacBook Pro; I've chosen the right board (Duemilanove with ATmega 168) and one of the virtual serial ports created from the BlueSMiRF pairing ("dev/tty/FireFly... ").

Sketch size is determined. Power green LED on the Arduino board is on. But TX and RX LEDs don't blink when I upload.

I've tried both Serial.begin(9600); and Serial.begin(115200); -- also tried pressing the hard reset button. TX from Arduino connects to RX on BlueSMiRF and vice versa.

Wiring: Power comes from wall DC supply > LM7805 voltage regulator (5v)

Code: Basic blinking sketch

int ledPin = 13; // LED connected to digital pin 13

void setup() // run once, when the sketch starts { Serial.begin(9600); pinMode(ledPin, OUTPUT); // sets the digital pin as output }

void loop() // run over and over again { digitalWrite(ledPin, HIGH); // sets the LED on delay(200); // waits for a second digitalWrite(ledPin, LOW); // sets the LED off delay(300); // waits for a second }

Can anyone help?

I'm a very newbie with arduino. But your problem, has help me to discover a problem with my circuit. If you disconnect the pin of TX and RX in arduino and load your sketch, it will avoid the problem. It could be interesting know why happen this. Greets! Roberto