Bluetooth Between Two Arduinos

Hi all,
Currently I am struggling to set up any form of communication between my two arduino redboards with two HC05 bluetooth receivers. As it stands both are set up like this:

BT RX to Pin 2 (RX)
BT TX to Pin 3 (TX)
BT GND to GND
BT VCC to 5V

I used tera term to mark one as the master and left the other as a slave (AT+MODE=1). I also used AT+LINK to link the two together using the slave’s address after obtaining via AT+INQ. They appear to be linked as they flash together with two quick flashes every second (not rapid blinking). I just want to toss a number from one to the other (in this case just ‘2’) They compile correctly and seem to be running, but as of now do nothing. I am not sure if my problem lies in the wiring, BT connection, or a coding problem. The master is supposed to be printing 2 and the slave is supposed to receive 2 and also print it. Any help would be appreciated.

The slave code is as follows:
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial BTSerial(2, 3); // RX | TX

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.println(“Enter AT commands:”);

// HC-06 default baud rate is 9600
BTSerial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{

// Keep reading from HC-06 and send to Arduino Serial Monitor
if (BTSerial.available())
Serial.write(BTSerial.read());

// Keep reading from Arduino Serial Monitor and send to HC-06
if (Serial.available())
BTSerial.write(Serial.read());
}

The master code is as follows:

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial BTserial(2, 3); // RX | TX

char c = ’ ';

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.println(“Arduino is ready”);
Serial.println(“Remember to select Both NL & CR in the serial monitor”);

// HC-05 default serial speed for AT mode is 38400
BTserial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
BTserial.println(2);
if (BTserial.available())
{
c = BTserial.read();
Serial.write(c);
}

if (Serial.available())
{
c = Serial.read();
BTserial.write(c);
}
}

ARDUINO_MASTER_CODE.ino (716 Bytes)

ARDUINO_SLAVE_CODE.ino (491 Bytes)

I don't think you can do that. I thing one has to be an HC-05 module. Have you seen this:- http://www.martyncurrey.com/connecting-2-arduinos-by-bluetooth-using-a-hc-05-and-a-hc-06-pair-bind-and-link/

There is guides on linking to HC05s from my knowledge, HC06 can only be slaves while HC05s can be both. So I do not think my issue lies there.

GhostNinja64: BT RX to Pin 2 (RX) BT TX to Pin 3 (TX) BT GND to GND BT VCC to 5V

but as of now do nothing. I am not sure if my problem lies in the wiring,

It does. Receivers listen to transmitters, not other receivers. Rx>Tx. It would be wise to connect Arduino Tx through a 1k/2k voltage divider.