Bluetooth connection with Android

Hi,

I have an Adafruit Bluefruit module, which is wired to a Flora controller. It works fine and I'm getting ready to write the Android code. Since I'm not very advanced in Android/Java either, I want to start with a simple code. Adafruit has a pretty vast application which showcases all the functionalities of the module. However, is difficult to extract the code I need from the sample application.

The question is, is there any library or simpler code which can be imported in an existing Android application?

The question is, is there any library or simpler code which can be imported in an existing Android application?

Have you asked at Ford.com? The question is as relevant there as here.

PaulS: Have you asked at Ford.com? The question is as relevant there as here.

I was expecting an answer like this, I just didn't know how it will sound :) It would short my work a lot, so it worth to ask.

Sorry to ask, I'll squeeze my brains a bit then.

george_i: Adafruit has a pretty vast application which showcases all the functionalities of the module. However, is difficult to extract the code I need from the sample application.

Your post is confusing to read. Are you talking about Adafruit's bluetooth module?

Nick_Pyner: Your post is confusing to read. Are you talking about Adafruit's bluetooth module?

Yes, I have their Bluetooth module and I want a sample Android code to connect with it (something simpler than the one provided by them).

I don't think there is anything very special about their bluetooth, it has to comply with bluetooth standards, and any bluetooth app from from the google store should work with it.

Have a look at the examples created by Google, there is one for classic Bluetooth, Bluetooth Chat, and BLE, BluetoothLeGatt.

They can be imported into Android Studio with File=>Import Sample, listed under Connectivity.

You may be interested in this RemoteXY Thread.

...R