Bluetooth doesn't receive message

I’m using an arduino uno and a bluetooth serial modem. When I sent messages over bluetooth, I’m able to read them on the computer. However, when I send messages to the arduino, it doesn’t even acknowledge that it’s received a message. The code I’m using should spit back a message saying that it received the message, but no such luck. It neither gets the message on the threaded SerialPort I have open in C# nor spits anything onto the arduino serial monitor.

char inChar; // Where to store the character read

void setup()
{
   Serial.begin(9600);  
}

void loop()
{
  if (Serial.available() > 0)
  {
      inChar = Serial.read();
      Serial.write("processing message...\n");
  }
}

I can't understand the code but there can't be much wrong.

Try this. If it doesn't work, it's probably time to check the connections.

void setup()
{
    Serial.begin(9600);
    Serial.println("OK then, you first, say something.....");
    Serial.println("Go on, type something in the space above and hit Send, or just hit the Enter key"); 
}

void loop()
{
  while(Serial.available()==0)
  {}
  delay(500);
    Serial.println("");
  Serial.println("I heard you say:");
  while(Serial.available()>0)
  {
    Serial.write(Serial.read());// note it is Serial.WRITE
  }
  Serial.println("");
}

No such luck. :-(

EDIT:

Could it have something to do with the fact that I have 2 COM ports for my modem on my computer? One of which I can't seem to be able to use (I neither can receive nor send messages) and one that only receives, and is ABLE to send, but nothing happens?

Cognations: Could it have something to do with the fact that I have 2 COM ports for my modem on my computer? O

I have never heard of such I thing but it can't be a good idea to have two so getting rid of one would be wise, even if this means getting rid of both and starting over. It is worth doing that if only to remove the suspicion.

Cognations: is ABLE to send, but nothing happens?

How can you be sure that you are sending?

Works!

The solution was unplugging it from the serial on the computer. I hooked it up to a power outlet instead, and it echoes back just like the test program I was given wanted it to. I think this was happening because it was trying to read from the computer serial (which it was able to) and ignoring the bluetooth one. Not sure why this would be, but the point is it works.

Yes. The cable and the bluetooth use the same serial in Arduino and you cannot use both at at the same time on the PC. I’m afraid I was confusing you with another guy who was using an Android. Note that you can correspond simultaneously with cable to one computer and bluetooth to another! The advantage with sharing the pins and serial mode is that you can test your code on the serial monitor with bluetooth disconnected.