Bluetooth Energy Saving with HC05 - one clue, no solution yet

Hi guys,

I'm working with the cheap HC05 BT module.

Networking is no problem at all. Configuration with AT+COMMAND is also clear.

But my hardware send every second around 100 charcters with 9600 Baud and if its not connected its energy consumption is still at 20mA. Thats not an option for a battery powered system. But there are two "functions/parameters" which should be solving this Problem: AT+IPSCAN und AT+SNIFF. But I havent found any datasheet with a documented example of at least one of the both. So it seems to be thats going to be "Trail and Error" Thing :-(

And there is still hope that someone here in the forum may hav a suggestion or already did that.

My hope is on you

Best regards

It might be time to look at the BLE module. I understand that, by "LE", they really mean it and there is a huge difference.

Nick_Pyner: It might be time to look at the BLE module. I understand that, by "LE", they really mean it and there is a huge difference.

Didn't get more information. Sophos dont like to visit their webpage because of a threat. Is this Module Pincompatible to HC-05? Can you share the datasheet?

Anyway. There are these options in the manual. Also they are not very good documented I will try it. Why? First of all, because I can. Still like hacking and trying everything I can before i give up. And second their already soldered into the mainpcb and I couldn't see a way of desoldering them without destroying.

So thanks for the suggestions. It may be plan B.

toonlumberjack: Is this Module Pincompatible to HC-05? Can you share the datasheet?

I don't know much about them and am happy with HC-0x, but I don't think they are really ready to open on the West End. I have seen versions that look pin compatible though.

Here is some background http://letsmakerobots.com/node/38009

Hi toonlumberjack,

Did you manage to get sniff mode working on the HC-05 module?? If so, what values did you use?

There is an at+ensniff command, should it be used after pairing and linking commands?

Thanks.

If you are anxious about power consumption, I think you should note that you might be flogging a dead horse with the HC-05, and look at the likes of the Tinysine HM-10.