Bluetooth HC-05 voltage divider rx pin

Hello,

Will a 3.82 - 3.88v logic level be dangerous for my HC-05 bluetooth module?

I created a voltage divider using resistors I can get from spare electronic parts I have. I have some 2200, 1200 and a single 1000 ohms resistors that I used to create 2 voltage dividers for both my HC-05 modules. The theoretical output voltage of a voltage divider with 2200 ohms to either 1200 and 1000 ohms resistors are 3.235 and 3.438 volts respective but the actual voltage I'm getting are 3.884 and 3.829 respectively.

I want to know if at 3.8 - 3.9 voltage rating is safe for my HC-05 bluetooth modules and what alternatives do you have in my condition. I currently can't get out and buy the resistors I need due to the pandemic and strict quarantine measures imposed here.

Hello,

I created a voltage divider using resistors I can get from spare electronic parts I have. I have some 2200, 1200 and a single 1000 ohms resistors that I used to create 2 voltage dividers for both my HC-05 modules. The theoretical output voltage of a voltage divider with 2200 ohms to either 1200 and 1000 ohms resistors are 3.235 and 3.438 volts respective but the actual voltage I'm getting are 3.884 and 3.829 respectively.

I want to know if at 3.8 - 3.9 voltage rating is safe for my HC-05 bluetooth modules and what alternatives do you have in my condition. I currently can't get out and buy the resistors I need due to the pandemic and strict quarantine measures imposed here.

Hello,

the HC-05 Tx and Rx levels are specified as 3.3V anything higher may damage the device
what Arduino are you using - I assume it is a 5V device such as the UNO
if so you require a divider on the Uno Tx HC-05 Rx line - try two 1000ohm resistors which should give you 2.5V at the HC-05
no requirement for a divider on the HC-05 Tx - UNO Rx line

consider using a level converter - can you purchase online?

this is identical to this post

horace:
what Arduino are you using - I assume it is a 5V device such as the UNO

I'm using a nano for my project with the HC-05

horace:
consider using a level converter - can you purchase online?

I can't get deliveries here where I'm from as of the moment

refer_pin:
I'm using a nano for my project with the HC-05

the nano is a 5v device - use a pair of 1000ohm resistors as a potential divider
how have connected it?
upload the code?

@refer_pin, cross-post one more time you are banned.

horace:
the nano is a 5v device - use a pair of 1000ohm resistors as a potential divider
how have connected it?
upload the code?

I don't have a pair of 1000 ohms resistors, only 1. I uploaded the code and so far my HC-05 is still working but I'm curious to know if my HC-05 can last for around 1 hour of use with the voltage divider setup I have.

refer_pin:
I don't have a pair of 1000 ohms resistors, only 1. I uploaded the code and so far my HC-05 is still working but I'm curious to know if my HC-05 can last for around 1 hour of use with the voltage divider setup I have.

the HC-05 Tx and Rx is specified as 3.3V therefore 3.8-3.9V is a bit high so may damage the HC-05 in time
it is best to use level converter if possible