Bluetooth modem on Arduino Uno.

Hello everyone :)

I'm trying my new bluetooth modem on my Arduino (+Bluetooth dongle). I followed a tutorial where it is explained all the operations that must be followed in order to establish the connection between my PC and the Arduino via Bluetooth.

http://www.instructables.com/id / Cheap-2-Way-Bluetooth-Connection-Between-Arduino-a /

It is indicated inside that Teraterm is needed to view the information my PC receives / sends. My problem is if I read on Teraterm the COM which is attached to my Arduino, without problems I have access to the expected information as on the serial monitor. And when I remove the USB cable, if I choose my Bluetooth' COM I read nothing on TeraTerm.

Here is the first program I tried ("send test"):

int counter =0;
void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
delay(50);
}
void loop() {
counter++;
Serial.print("Arduino counter: ");
Serial.println(counter);
delay(500); // wait half a sec
}

*** This doesn't show anything on Teraterm...

And another one:

char INBYTE;
int LED = 13; // LED on pin 13
void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
pinMode(LED, OUTPUT);
}
void loop() {
Serial.println("Press 1 to turn Arduino pin 13 LED ON or 0 to turn it OFF:");
http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheap-2-Way-Bluetooth-Connection-Between-Arduino-a/
while (!Serial.available()); // stay here so long as COM port is empty
INBYTE = Serial.read(); // read next available byte
if( INBYTE == '0' ) digitalWrite(LED, LOW); // if it's a 0 (zero) tun LED off
if( INBYTE == '1' ) digitalWrite(LED, HIGH); // if it's a 1 (one) turn LED on
delay(50);
}

***** For this one, without a USB cable all goes as planned (LED off / on), but again nothing appears on TeraTerm

If someone has an idea about it :blush: ...

I use a program called PuTTY.

You can use any Serial terminal, including the one that comes with the Arduino IDE. Just select the right COM port in the Tools menu. That will probably not solve your problem, but at least now you know you don't need Teraterm or whatever.