Bluetooth Module, Microphone and RGB LED Temperature (Feasibility Question)

Hello,

I'm working on a project for school. I have a box with lights set up in one area of the room with my arduino. I want to put a microphone on a person in a different part of the room to detect their voice (and the ambient noises in the room as they move around), which will change the temperature of the RGB leds. Can I do this by putting a bluetooth shield attached to a microphone on that person?

The larger goal of the project is to place different sensors around a room that pick up changes in temperature/moisture/ambient noise levels which will effect different aspects of the lighting system I create.

I hope this was clear enough, I'm trying to gauge feasibility before buying because I'm on limited budget.

Thank you.

which will change the temperature of the RGB leds.

The temperature? Do you mean the color or intensity?

Can I do this by putting a bluetooth shield attached to a microphone on that person?

I don't think that will do much good. The bluetooth device is a radio, not a microcontroller, so it can't read data from a microphone.

PaulS,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I mean the color (from a warm to a cool white).

Can the bluetooth shield send information about the microphone input to the Arduino (which is attached to the main lighting fixture)?

If not, ss there a way to gather sensor information and then send it back to a main arduino, without having to use a bunch of arduinos?