bluetooth module recommendations ?

I have had a lot of trouble with connecting my bluetooth (BlueSMiRF Gold) module to my computer (both mac & PC)

Can someone suggest the best bluetooth module I can buy that makes the connection easy.

Since the project I am doing was written 4 years ago, maybe I should be using something other than bluetooth to connect to my computer. Or is bluetooth still current technology ?

I look forward to your advice.

Since the project I am doing was written 4 years ago, maybe I should be using something other than bluetooth to connect to my computer. Or is bluetooth still current technology ?

It's still current, problematic, troublesome technology. Alternatives exist, but without know what your project is, and what you are trying to send from the Arduino to the computer, it's hard to make recommendations.

I am making my way through the "Making Things Talk" project book, (my edition is about 4 years old). The project I have been stumped on now for months is one where the Cat sets off pressure sensors which then takes a picture and then emails you the image. I think the bluetooth's part is to transmit the message to the net. And also I suppose so I can update the code as needed untethered.

If you can recommend a hassle free easy setup bluetooth module, please let me know because my learning the Arduino has been seriously slowed down because of not being able to connect to my (BlueSMiRF Gold) bluetooth.

Arrgh! so frustrated. please help..

Justin.

try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45c9UOvWSo&feature=player_embedded